WILL YOU PRAY & FAST FOR 40 DAYS FOR LIFE?
Wednesday 13th Feb- Sunday 24th March 2013
REGISTER to receive the Daily Prayer Guide: www.40daysofprayer.com.au
PRINT or PREVIEW a summary of the Daily Prayer Guide:
These 40 Days can change your LIFE and impact others forever: LOVE LIFE!
- Deepen your love for LIFE and God the LIFE-Giver – by abiding and filling with Jesus’ presence!
- See eternal and abundant LIFE impact those you love most and pray for!
- Overflow LIFE-giving loving encouragement, love, blessing and support to those who are struggling to hold onto LIFE – those who don’t know Jesus, are ill, frail, suicidal or contemplating the death of their unborn baby.
- Stand together for a culture of LIFE in our nation – in which every LIFE is valued.
Why Would You Fast?
Fasting doesn’t sound LIFE-giving! But believe us – as good as regular meals are – LIFE takes on more meaning and richness when we trust God with our needs and let Him shift our priorities. Fasting is a way of giving God our attention; of getting the attention of our own spirit, mind, will emotions and body; and of putting other’s needs before our own. Be hungry for… MORE of God and MORE abundant LIFE for ALL Australians!
Fasting changes us fast!
Fasting opens the door to a deeper, more intimate, more powerful relationship with God. Denying your appetite for God’s purpose focuses you beyond yourself and highlights your hunger for God and your dependence on Him. Fasting and prayer accompanied critical breakthroughs throughout the Bible.
- “I sought the Lord and He delivered me ... Taste and see the Lord is good“ (Psalm 34:4,8).
- “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled” (Matt 5:6).
- Jesus said, “this kind does not go but by prayer and fasting” (Matt 17:21).
Consider doing without something you love during this 40 days of prayer and fasting. The decision as to what you fast from is up to you! Ask God what kind of fast He invites you to. Let God lead you in a LIFE-enhancing season!
- Some people will give up caffeine, sweets, a meal a day, or food on 1-3 days each week, or food for 40 days ingesting just water, juice and broth.
- Some will fast from TV / Facebook etc and spend this time in prayer.
- Some will do a Daniel Fast which basically means going vegetarian! Your food choices might include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds and oil, and exclude animal products and processed foods, such as flour products, preservatives, additives, sweeteners, flavourings, caffeine or alcohol. Daniel 1:12, 10:3 says “Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink … I ate no pleasant food (bread), no meat or wine came into my mouth nor did I anoint myself at all”.
We suggest you:
- Seek medical advice before you fast completely from food for a prolonged period.
- Drink lots of water as you decrease your food intake – especially if you have a headache in the first few days, which can be a sign that toxins are being released from your body.
- Study the medical benefits of fasting: e.g. Don Colbert, MD, Toxic Relief , Lake Mary, FL Siloam, (2003)
- Discover Biblical and contemporary examples of miracles and breakthroughs when praying and fasting e.g. Jentezen Franklin, Fasting – Opening the door to a deeper, more intimate, more powerful relationship with God , Charisma House, A Strang Co. Lake Mary, FL (2008)