Inspiring Truth can Protect the Freedom of our Nation
By Rev. Rob Isaachsen B.E. (Chem) Adelaide; B.A. (Hons) Nottingham
( 1 of 3 articles on this website: SEARCH Isaachsen)
AUSTRALIA IS A WONDERFUL NATION – with among the highest standards of democracy, health, education and freedom in the world and the least corruption
See: Australia.Globally.Remarkable in Addendum below
WHY IS IT SO SPECIAL? Because of its strong Christian foundations and continuing influence in every part of society
OUR FREEDOM IS UNDER ATTACK – The Socialist/Secular Humanist movement is intent on destroying these foundations and is making gains every day by “re-inventing” values and silencing truth
HOW CAN WE RESPOND? Discover, treasure and declare the Truth into the public arena to inspire with the fruit of the Gospel and warn of the results of Humanism
- Australians inspired by the evidence that God created the Universe and life on Earth, and that our freedom and culture is a result of His hand on our nation.
- The Christian Faith restored as the basis of our nation and its future freedom.
- The Church inspired and renewed by testimony of God’s hand on our nation.
- Australians without faith consider the claims of Jesus and be inspired to faith in Him
- Australians come to know the plans and strategies of Secular Humanism and rise up to oppose them.
THE AIMS OF THIS PAPER:
- Present clear evidence of the Truth of the Christian faith and its unique and vital influence in every aspect of the foundations and life of our nation and its contribution to the world.
- Reveal the strategies and deceptions of the political Left, and their aims to remove the influence of Christian faith, destroy our freedom and establish a totalitarian state
- Provide detailed evidence of these things as a resource for developing a strategy to communicate Truth into the Australian public arena.
- Provide a detailed resource of these truths for Pastors and Christians teaching in schools, inspire Christians to deeper faith and provide a resource for sharing faith with others.
- Provide facts to refute the lies of the Secular Humanists
“The Truth Will Set you Free” Jesus
“Christianity, and nothing else, is the ultimate foundation of liberty, conscience, human rights, and democracy, the benchmarks of Western civilisation. To this day we have no other options to Christianity. We continue to nourish ourselves from this source. Everything else is postmodern chatter.”
Jurgen Habermas, leftist philosopher quoted by Prof. Stuart Piggin, Australia’s Christian Heritage in Public Life 2008
“If I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous Revolution that swallowed up some sixty million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: Men have forgotten God; that’s why all this has happened.”
Alexander Solzhenitsyn in his 1983 Templeton Address
CONTENTS IN THIS PAPER:
LIST OF TOPICS
- Australia and other nations of the West enjoy unique freedom and democracy that has been founded on and sustained by the Truth of the Gospel of Jesus.
- Knowledge of the Christian contribution to our nation and global human well-being is little known even in the Church, and an increasing number of Australians have no idea of the Gospel or what the Church is or how much society depends on it.
- Australians take our freedom and well-being for granted and assume it will always continue.
- The Church has largely focused on personal faith, welfare and church life, but not on declaring the Truth. This has allowed the humanist movement to claim to be the authority on TRUTH.
- The Secular Humanist movement has gained great influence to undermine the Christian faith, our freedom and democracy, towards establishing a godless totalitarian state in Australia.
- If Australians knew how our nation was shaped by Christian faith and continues to depend on it, they would be more open to embrace Christian faith themselves.
- If Australians knew the ultimate intentions of Secular Humanism that lie behind “progressive policies”, mocking of Christian beliefs and morality, etc, is to establish a godless totalitarian state, it is very likely they would oppose their influence.
- Declare into the public arena the Truth of how Australia’s Foundations, our freedom and democracy were formed and depend on the Christian Faith
- Make widely known the historical and scientific evidence of the wonders of God’s Creation and the wonderful Truth, uniqueness and influence of the Gospel of Jesus.
- Reveal the dangers to Australia of the Secular Humanist movement – its aims, influence and strategies to establish a godless totalitarian state.
- Rebuild the community’s trust in the wider Church that has been so damaged by the betrayal and abuse of those in its care.
- See the whole Church inspired and renewed to united Prayer and Mission through the testimony of God’s hand in Creation, our nation and freedom.
- Foster the use of this Truth as a testimony of God’s love and grace to renew the faith of Christians and inspire Australians to faith in Jesus.
Christianity is the Foundation of Western Civilisation
and of Every Level of our Australian Way of Life
- Christian faith is the basis of our Freedom Democracy, Education, Social welfare, Social Justice, Culture of Compassion and Respect for all, our Morality, Justice and Mateship, our Political, Social and many other Institutions.
- Democracy, Freedom and our culture are unsustainable without Christian Faith and its unique values of mutual care, compassion, reconciliation, generosity and valuing every human being.
- Western democracy began in Britain under the influence of the Christian faith and was established in Australia through the influence of early Christian governors and other leaders.
- Christians contributed much to early Australia – pioneered education, trade unionism, social welfare, hospitals, orphanages, newspapers, and many of the other institutions
- Christians made many global contributions, including – modern scientific thought, universal education, a wide range of NGOs and charities
- Our society depends on Christian welfare: most welfare agencies were founded by the Church and these agencies and churches probably still provide a majority of welfare in the nation
- Nations based on the Bible are the least corrupt. Australia is rated 7th out of 180 nations
- Secular Humanism is an atheist movement with aims to destroy Christianity and democracy and establish a totalitarian state.
- The contrast of Bible-based society and Secular Humanism: one results in freedom, the other results in state control and tyranny
- The Post Modern Era. “Truth” is the battleground: “All truth is now relative”.
- Few Australians understand the Gospel, the Church or its beliefs, Church attendance has seriously declined. Current revealing of shameful crimes by leaders in the Church and Christian agencies has further alienated the Church and our faith.
- Christianity and Science: Despite Atheist claims, there is much evidence for a Creator.
- The Uniqueness of Christianity: Has a very different “God”, promotes love, certainty, reason, morality, progress in contrast to other religions
- So many phenomena inspire faith and wonder and are inexplicable “by chance”
THE TRUTH strategically presented with clear evidence has power to change history
LIST OF TOPICS:
Note: The material on each subject will include a brief overview, with more detail given in the links
- Democracy and Freedom are Unsustainable without Christian Faith
- The British Origins of Australian Democracy
- The Christian Gospel Shaped Australia
- Christian Contributions to Early Melbourne
- Some Christian Contributions to the World
- Our Society Depends on Christian Welfare
- Nations Based on the Bible are the Least Corrupt
- Secular Humanism has Gained Influence to Undermine Freedom
- The Contrast of Bible-Based Freedom and Secular Humanism
- The Post Modern Era
- Christianity, Atheism and Science – Evidence for Creation
- The Uniqueness of Christianity
- What about Bad Things Done by Christians and the Church …
( and Secular Humanists and Moslems? )
**ADDENDUM: Australia_ Globally_ Remarkable
- DEMOCRACY AND FREEDOM UNSUSTAINABLE WITHOUT CHRISTIAN FAITH!
The framers of the American Constitution wrote: “Freedom requires virtue and virtue requires faith”, “Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom” (Benjamin Franklin)
“To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people is a fantasy.” (James Maddison)
Without Christian virtues of love, compassion, sacrifice, generosity, self-discipline, freedom & democracy will fail. But these virtues can only be sustained by belief in and a commitment to a source of transcendent values.
*Democracy of, by and for all people, in contrast to Greek democracy which was only of, by and for the elite
Without Christian virtues of love, forgiveness, value of every person, generosity, hope, serving others, sacrifice, faithfulness, honesty, gentleness, kindness, goodness, compassion, sacrifice, self-discipline and respect for the dignity of every human being, freedom & democracy will fail.
However these virtues can only be sustained by belief in, and a commitment to a source of transcendent values (ie faith).
- THE BRITISH ORIGINS OF AUSTRALIAN DEMOCRACY*
Western democracy in Britain began in the Second Century
eg: 2nd Century: 156AD King Lucius, established Christianity as the national religion, and its leaders began to see that the gospel applied not only to the individual.
6th Century: King Ethelbert of Kent, after his conversion to Christianity, was probably the first absolute ruler ever to introduce laws designed to limit the king’s powers of government.
A key factor in the development of democracy was whether the king or even parliament were the supreme authority, or was it the Word of God.
Australian democracy was shaped by the early governors and other leaders in the founding of Australia most of whom were influenced by British heritage and were strong Christians, as were those that fought for the Federation and wrote the Constitution.
*This is in contrast to Greek democracy which was only for the small elite of Greece
- THE CHRISTIAN GOSPEL SHAPED AUSTRALIA
Our nation has been built on a foundation of the Christian faith.
Universal education, trade unionism, universal representation and federation were led by Christians .
Rev. John Flynn (who began the Flying Doctor Service, peddle radio, inland communication supplies and education), many of the pioneers, explorers and founders of all walks of life were Christians.
Christians fought for Federation and wrote the Constitution
Christianity raised the position of women, began widespread care of the poor, the sick and the dying. See: The Christian Gospel Shaped Australia
- CHRISTIAN CONTRIBUTIONS TO EARLY MELBOURNE (with parallels in other cities)
The Church pioneered SOCIAL WELFARE across Melbourne
The Church pioneered EDUCATION in Melbourne. – Church schools preceded state schools by 30 years
The first HOSPITALS were established by the Church, Christian citizens and religious orders
“THE ARGUS” and “THE AGE” were founded by active Christians and had leading clergy as writers.
Christian volunteers provided free workers for vital community support including skilled staff for schools, homes and various charities.
Members of churches played a central role in establishing the community standards of business and professional ethics, a tradition of public and community service and integrity in government and governance and the Churches played a vital part establishing boundaries of decency and fair conditions of employment and in the socialisation of youth,. Church members have played a huge role in giving the uniquely Christian character to our civic life and community.
- SOME CHRISTIAN CONTRIBUTIONS T0 THE WORLD
Christians have initiated many organizations to contribute to the needs of people and the world
SCIENCE AND SCIENTIFIC THOUGHT
Tertullian (ca 160-225), St Augustine (354-430), St Bonaventure (1221-1274), St Thomas Aquinas (ca 1225-1274), William of Ockham (ca 1285-1347), Guillaume Bude (1467-1540), Pierre De La Ranee (1515-1572), Francis Bacon (1561-1626), Marin Mersenne (1588-1646), Rene Descartes (1596-1650), Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)
eg Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727) who arguably contributed more to science, and hence our present well being, than any other man in history. Newton was an outstanding Christian. His Biblical view of the world and understanding of God as a creator of order and truth, prepared him to expect and discover order in the world around him, and find a cause for each effect. Newton was described by the French mathematician Legrange as “the greatest genius that ever existed”.
Modern Medicine/ Medical Care Christian hospitals (369AD); Nursing (3r d century), Leprosy missions, …
Education was begun by Greeks but only developed and made available universally by Christianity
Education of masses: Ignatius (ca 35 or 50 to 98-117), St Benedict (ca 480-547), Alcuin (735-804), Martin Luther (1483-1546), John Calvin (1509-64), Hannah More (1745-1833), Ragged Schools (1791), Thomas Cranfield (ca 1760-1835) and John Pounds (1776-1839), Robert Raikes (1735-1811), The Sisters of St Joseph (1866), Mary MacKillop (1842-1909) (A)
Universities began in Christian monasteries: Benedict of Nursia (ca 480-547), Monastery at Clonmacnois in Ireland (6th century), Paris and Bologna (12th century), Oxford and Cambridge (ca 1200)
Converting languages into written form: Cyril (ca 826-869) and Methodius (ca 815-885) developed the Glagolitic and Cyrillic alphabets, SIL/Wycliffe (1934), William Townsend (1896-1982)
CHRISTIAN ORIGINS OF PUBLIC WELFARE PROGRAMMES
361AD Roman emperor Julian sought to promote pagan worship over Christian faith, but the Christian practice of universal charity was surprising and attractive as other people and groups only cared for themselves. So Julian wanted it demolished, but instead of resorting to the harsh methods of his persecuting predecessors, Julian channeled imperial resources into an emulation of Christian charity. (But people wanted Christian charity)
SOME OF THE CARING MOVEMENTS BEGUN BY CHRISTIANS
Care for Poor and Disadvantaged: Habitat for Humanity, Freedom from Hunger, Opportunity International
Social Justice: Immigration issues, Caroline Chisholm, Micah Challenge, Poverty Over
Those in Prisons Prison ships/prison reform, John Howard , Elizabeth Fry
During War : Red Cross (1863), Henry Dunant (1828-1910), Army chaplains
Youth : YMCA, Scouts Robert Baden-Powell
Animals: RSPCA (1824), Arthur Broome and William Wilberforce
Nature Conservation: Greenpeace (1971), Irving Stowe (1915-1974),
Broken And Disabled: Alcoholics Anon, Asylums for the Blind (4th Century),Mentally ill, Knights o Thomas Nelson 2001)f Malta (1409)
See: THE BOOK THAT MADE YOUR WORLD Thomas Nelson 2001) by Vishal Mangalwadi
- OUR SOCIETY DEPENDS ON CHRISTIAN WELFARE
About 80% of welfare agencies in Australia were founded by the Church.
Church run hospitals and aged care facilities provide significant levels of those sectors of care.
Chaplains provide unique and vital care in hospitals, schools, prisons, courtrooms, businesses and sporting clubs.
Local churches are unique sources of welfare, compassion, care, generosity and community support.
- Governments are unlikely to ever afford to take over this work, which relies on low cost Christian volunteers and compassion. See: Our Society Depends on Christian Welfare
- NATIONS BASED ON THE BIBLE ARE THE LEAST CORRUPT
The annual Corruption Perceptions Index scores 150 countries on a scale from 0 (highly corrupt) to 100 (very clean). While no country has a perfect score, two-thirds of countries score below 50, indicating a serious corruption problem. Corruption is the most common cause of poverty and freedom.
The 19 least corrupt nations in the world all developed from a strong Bible-based Christian heritage. (Australia is identified as the seventh of the least corrupt of 150 nations in the world)
- SECULAR HUMANISM
The resurgence of the global Secular Humanist/ Atheist movement has been active and intentional for over 30 years in their aim to gain control of the West.
Their objective has been to remove the influence Christian faith and the Church in Western countries and replace it with a Secular Humanist worldview which denies the existence of God and replaces the authority God with the authority of science based on Darwinian evolution.
This Secular Humanism is the same as that which was the basis for Hitler’s National Socialism, Stalin’s Marxist-Leninism and Mao’s Communism and follows a first priority of undermining/ removing the influence of Christianity. Removing the influence of the Church in Germany was Hitler’s first priority.
This world view is defined in the Humanist Manifestos I, II and III (1933, 1973 and 2003) and has become to basis of their powerful influence across the West, including Australia.
The Secular Humanist Manifestos I, II, III declare that Man is basically good, and that evil comes from how people are socialised. They claim the most destructive source of socialising is the family, so the State should have control over education and children’s upbringing.
“The battle for mankind’s future must be waged and won in the public school class room by teachers who correctly perceive their role as proselytisers of a new faith. The class room must and will become an arena of conflict between the old and the new; between the rotting corpse of Christianity on the one hand, and the new faith of humanism on the other. (Humanist Magazine, January/February 1983)
This is the increasing trend in Australian education – to remove parents from the decision making on key issues, the teaching that science is the source of truth and to ban any teaching about faith. Education in Australia, originally established by the Church government has now become a key tool in promoting secular humanism.
History shows that where the state takes authority upon its self over the will of the people, and in defiance of the Word of God as revealed in the Bible, individual freedom is removed and tyranny reigns .
In the twentieth century, 32.7 million people have been killed in war and a further 97 million have been killed by their own government. Socialism has been responsible for most of this mass slaughter, whether through Hitler’s National Socialism, or Stalin’s Soviet Socialism, Mao’s China or one of their many modern descendants.
That the Humanist goal is one world government is clear from the Humanist Manifesto which states:
“We deplore the division of human kind on nationalistic grounds…… Thus we look toward the development of a system of world law and order based upon trans-national federal government.” See: http://americanhumanist.org/Humanism/Humanist_Manifesto_II
“If I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous Revolution that swallowed up some sixty million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: Men have forgotten God; that’s why all this has happened …… The social theories that promised so much have demonstrated their bankruptcy, leaving us at a dead end.”
Alexander Solzhenitsyn in 1983 Templeton Address – Speaking of the West’s rejection of Christianity and its acceptance of relativistic secularism, and the failure of the West to learn the lessons of his homeland, Russia, and its secularist revolution
- THE CONTRAST OF BIBLE-BASED FREEDOM AND SECULAR HUMANISM
In chilling contrast to our British heritage of Bible based freedom, the French, whose leaders had rejected God in favour of secular humanism, endured the destructive anguish and pain of the French revolution.
THE FRUIT OF BIBLE-BASED FREEDOM
The same harsh social conditions which prevailed for the majority before the revolution in France also prevailed in England, but whereas the French heeded the atheistic scholars of the “enlightenment” and got bloodshed, the English heeded the Word of God through John Wesley and not only averted disaster, but enjoyed a season of national greatness and prosperity such as the world had never before seen.
The fruit of the Christian faith in Bible-based countries has been personal freedom, hope, care and value of individuals, community well-being and trust, openness of communication, creativity and inventiveness, productivity, believing and planning for a better future, stable government and democracy, commitment to value and support human life and freedom. This is seen in the national infrastructure to provide for the poor, sick and needy – with extraordinary resources used to protect or save even one human life in danger of death.
THE HISTORY OF SECULAR HUMANISM/ ATHEISM AND TOTALITARIANISM
Under such regimes the State or the controlling (military or religious) authority take to themselves total power which is used to control public and private life. The one priority is the “State” and to ensure the population are subservient to the state and its system. Media, economics and education is used to control the state “Truth”. Individuality of action or believe is not acceptable and often severely punished. Crimes against the State are severely and summarily punished with beatings, maiming, torture or death. There may be some level of health care available, but if an uprising occurs or there is a non-compliant section of the population, those people will be controlled by force and sometimes violent death.
- THE POST MODERN ERA
“TRUTH” has become the battleground. The Humanist’s first victory was to remove the concept of absolute truth, so that Truth was now relative. Everyone could have their own truth. It was acceptable for some to believe in God – that was “their truth”. It was just as acceptable for others to believe in other “gods” – or not to believe in anything.
This was the beginning of the Post Modern era. Out of that morals became relative and people were given freedom to do anything they like with their personal lives. Criticism of other people’s religion, beliefs or personal morality then could be seen as unacceptable. So began the Politically Correct regime that now has such power, and is policed by statutory authorities set up and run by humanist directors.
To reach these objectives, western leaders of this movement set the objective to gain influence and ultimately control in the social domains of Media, Arts and Entertainment, Education, Judiciary and key Public Services.
Through their effective influence or control in these areas in Australia, UK and most other western nations the idea of “Absolute Truth” is largely rejected. (recent Barna research has reported that about 90% of church-attending young people in USA do not believe in absolute truth).
Australian media freely run articles against the Church and rejecting the Christian faith as irrational and even mocking God. There are major movements against teaching Christian faith in schools and allowing Christian organizations and even individuals the freedom to choose not to involve those who reject Christianity as staff, tenants, etc.
On the other hand, public media and entertainment increasingly depict and promote behaviour and Christian morality that has been normative in our society. Following the Humanist principles, the Australian public has been influenced to accept morals and behaviour that is in contrast to accepted
Christian behaviour and teaching. This is particularly true in the areas of graphic depicting of explicit sexual activity, coarse language and violence in films and TV shows, enabled by the removal of effective media censorship.
Likewise humanist education authorities have allowed (or promoted) the sexualizing of children through TV commercials, requirements for schools to include sexual education (including homosexual as normative) including graphic depiction of intercourse to increasingly younger primary students. This is to further their aims to sideline Christian morality.
Parallel to the above, while there is media criticism of Christians and removal of freedom on the Church and Christian schools, but almost no reporting of anything negative about other religions, including the extensive violent persecution of Christians in other nations by Moslems, Hindus and Buddhists
(see “The Lucky Culture” Rise of the Secularists in Australian Society by Nick Cater. www.luckyculture.com.au )
11. CHRISTIANITY, ATHEISM AND SCIENCE: Scientific Evidence for Creation
The popular/Atheist view that Christianity should not be taught in schools is that:
- Everything spoken in the name of science is true
- Science has disproved the existence of God
- Christianity calls people to faith (not facts) and disagrees with science
- Therefore Christian faith should not be taught in schools
BUT – SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE DISAGREES WITH ATHEISM!
“Atheism is a Myth” (Dr. Vishal Mangalwadi –“Will the Sun Set on the West”)
In Contrast to Christianity, Atheism has No Supporting Evidence!
The Idea that science has disproved God is entirely false
Atheism is an idea dreamed up by people who do not want there to be a God, but there has never been any scientific evidence for this theory. Atheists mis-use science to claim it has evidence against God and Christianity and that it disproves the existence of God. There is no such evidence.
“As yet we have not found proof God does not exist”…. “there must be proof and we will find it!”
Arch-atheist Richard Dawkins in : “The Blind Watchmaker” Norton & Company 1996
ALBERT EINSTEIN :
“The harmony of the natural world reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection”
Albert Einstein in “The World as I see it” quoted by Max Jammer in “Einstein and Religion: Physics and Theology”
“The harmony of the natural world reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection”
Albert Einstein in “The World as I see it” quoted by Max Jammer in “Einstein and Religion: Physics and Theology”
CHRISTIANITY AND SCIENCE:
In contrast to atheist claims, there is much evidence to show that the Universe could not have occurred by Chance. Science provides amazing evidence for a Divine Creator of the universe, and so much of life is inexplicable without the existence of God.
The contribution of Christianity to modern science and rational thought.
The Scientific method arose out of the Christian belief in a sovereign God who reigns over creation – Formulated by Isaac Newton out of his conviction of the order in the universe and the sovereignty of God over it.
(“The Book that Made Your World” (pg 220) by Vishal Mangalwadi. Thomas Nelson 2001)
Some of the Great Christian Scientists
St Augustine, Francis Bacon, Rene Descartes, Sir Isaac Newton, Robert Boyle, Tycho Brahe, Nicolaus Copernicus, Rene Descartes, Galileo Galilei, Edmund Halley, Robert Hooke, Christiaan Huygens, Johannes Kepler, Gottfried Leibniz, Paracelsus, Blaise Pascal, Jean Picard etc
The “BIG BANG” was discovered by a Christian scientist See: Monseignor Georges Lemaitre in 1933
12. SOME SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE FOR THE CREATOR
WE LIVE ON THE RIGHT PLANET
We live in a Special Galaxy: only 6% of galaxies are Spiral and only 6% could have life.
In the Right Place in our Galaxy: Stars to close to centre of too far out could not have life.
The Right Star: Bigger stars than our Sun give uneven heat, smaller are too hot, etc.
Right Rotation Speed: Too fast get massive storms, too slow we freeze at night and boil in the day.
The Right Size: Bigger and gravity would be too high and retain toxic gases, too small it won’t retain water.
Jupiter is necessary: We need a massive planet like Jupiter to shield Earth from comets.
The Right Moon: Our huge moon stabilizes the rotation axis to 23½ degrees, causes tides to maintain life.
The Right distance from the Sun: Much nearer everything would boil, further and everything would freeze
Our Earth is perfect for life – It is just the right size (for gravity, enabling the right atmosphere and 24 hour days). The probability of finding another liveable planet in the Universe is statistically impossible.
THE UNIVERSAL CONSTANTS – Their values must be infinitesimally exact for the Universe to exist
- ELECTROMAGNETISM: must be exact for electrons to orbit protons for atoms to exist
- STRONG NUCLEAR FORCE: must be exact for protons and neutrons to hold together in the nucleus
- MASS OF THE PROTON to NEUTRON: must be exactly 0.138% more massive than the proton.**
- RATIO OF ELECTRONS TO PROTONS EXACTLY 1:1 by 10 to the power 37
- GRAVITY is 10 to the 40th power times weaker than the force of electromagnetism
**Mass of the Proton and Neutron
We also have a problem with the protons and the neutrons themselves. Because of this, it takes a little more energy for the universe to make neutrons, as compared to protons. That’s why in the universe of today we have seven times as many protons as neutrons.
If the neutron were 1/10th of 1% less massive than what we observe, then the universe would make so many neutrons that all of the matter in the universe would very quickly collapse into neutron stars and black holes, and life would be impossible.
If we made the neutron 1/10th of 1% more massive than what we observe, then the universe would make so few neutrons, that there wouldn’t be enough neutrons to make Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium, etc. These are the elements that are essential for life.
See Astronomer Hugh Ross on: www.cosmicfingerprints.com/hugh-ross-origin-of-the-universe
- THE UNIQUENESS OF CHRISTIANITY
WHY CHRISTIANITY BECAME THE DOMINANT WORLD RELIGION
A Unique God: Christianity is the only great world religion with an infinite God, who is conscious, rational, supernatural being of unlimited power and scope and is personal and cares about His creation – and especially humans. He has personally intervened in human history in Jesus Christ, who gave His life to restore to eternal relationship with Him those who put their trust in Him.
Love: Christians are called to reflect God’s love for everyone (even their enemies) with a totally, selfless love, being quick to forgive and make peace, and generous and helpful to all.
Reason: Christianity is the only great religions that claims to be true and expects its claims to be tested by reasoned thought.
Certainty: The core of the Gospel is that forgiveness and eternal acceptance by God is available and certain now by God’s grace to all who come to Jesus in faith. Other religions have rewards based on a good works judgement.
Global Moral Influence: Only Christianity has improved the wellbeing of most people groups wherever Christianity has taken root or where schools, medical facilities and other helpful ministries were begun by Christians, and promotion of change in human rights in countries dominated by other world-views.
Expectation of Progress: Seeking to understand better the nature of God assumes the possibility of progress.
(The assumption of progress may be the most critical difference between Christianity and all other religions)
The Uniqueness and Historicity of the Bible
The Bible is unique in its continuity, its circulation, its translation into so many languages, in its survival through millennia and persecution, opposition and criticism, in its teaching (including prophesy, history, and personalities) and unique in its influence on surrounding literature.
These Unique Christian values gave rise to Modern civilisation and Western culture:
Human rights/ system of justice/ morality, Raised the position and protection of women,
Christian graces (basic values):
love, forgiveness, value of every person, generosity, hope, serving others,
sacrifice, faithfulness, honesty, gentleness, kindness, goodness, self-control
The Christian value of the individual before God gave rise to:
Democracy, Orderly government, Stable society, Human rights, system of justice, morality
and raised the position and protection of women.
- WHAT ABOUT BAD THINGS DONE BY CHRISTIANS AND THE CHURCH?
( …And Secular Humanists and Moslems? )
There are many crimes and atrocities committed by Christians over the centuries, all of which are a blot on Christian history and run against the heart of the teachings of Jesus.
Professing Christians who committed atrocities were acting inconsistently with the teachings of Christianity. (Conversely, evolutionists who committed atrocities were acting consistently with evolution!)
CHILD ABUSE BY CHRISTIAN LEADERS
The appalling revelations of widespread child abuse by Christian leaders – and that many of these were covered up by some heads of churches – are shocking, and especially to the Christian population.
It is vital that the Leaders of the Church make full and contrite apologies for the crimes by Church leaders
The Church should also make apology for its history of division, judgementalism, and failing to share and demonstrate the Gospel of Jesus in understandable word and deed to the people of our nation.
There were two Inquisitions. One of them began in 1017 as an attempt to root out heretics chiefly in France, Germany, Italy and Spain. Between 1000 and 2000 people were killed. The Spanish Inquisition followed in the 14th century and was much more bloody. It began as a feudal aristocracy forcing religious values on society. Jews were caught up in this and many of them were killed. About 2000 executions took place. Appalling though this is, we are talking of thousands – not millions.
There were actually seven different Crusades, and tens of thousands died in them. Most of them were a misdirected attempt to free the Holy Land for Christianity. Some weren’t quite like that. There were some positive aspects to them, but they were basically an atrocity over a couple of hundred years. The worst was the Children’s Crusade, where all the children that went to fight died along the way. Some were shipwrecked and the rest were taken into slavery in Egypt.
It is common to be told that “Religion is the greatest source of human conflict and slaughter. The Crusades slaughtered millions in the name of Jesus. The Inquisition brought torture and murder of millions more..”
THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS:
The best example of religious persecution in America is the Salem Witch Trials. How many were killed in those trials? Thousands, Hundreds? Actually fewer than 25. Yet the event continues to haunt the liberal imagination..
These figures of Christian violence are tragic, and of course population levels were much lower at the time. http://www.inplainsite.org/html/atheism_or_christianity.html#ReligionKill
THE DEATH TOLLS PRODUCED BY SECULAR POWERS IN THE 20TH CENTURY
In comparison, such losses of life by Christians are miniscule compared with the death tolls produced by the atheist despotism of the 20th century. In the name of creating their version of religion-free utopia, Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong produced the kind of mass slaughter that no inquisitor could.
Soviet deaths are estimated at 85 and 100 million , 40 to 70 million died under Mao in China and German Holocaust deaths are estimated at a million Jews plus many Poles and others.
ISLAMIC VIOLENCE IN HISTORY
While the Leaders of Islam continually rail against Christianity for the atrocities of the Crusades, they are silent about massive Islamic slaughter during the massive during the expansion of the Islamic Empire across the Mediterranean region from 750AD and during later Ottoman Empire.
They also refuse to acknowledge the two million Christian Armenians killed by shooting and death marches between 1915 and 1923 when the Ottoman government embarked upon the systematic genocide of virtually the entire Armenian population in Anatolian Turkey.
We are deciding our FUTURE NOW!
The Ministry of Rev.Rob Isaachsen
We cannot shape the future once we get there!
AUSTRALIA : GLOBALLY RECOGNISED AS A REMARKABLE COUNTRY
- AUSTRALIA IS ONE OF THE LEAST CORRUPT NATIONS IN THE WORLD
Australia has been rated one of the least corrupt of 150 nations in the world in the Annual Corruption Index.
- This statistical study has shown the 15 least corrupt nations have all been nations founded on the Bible.
- Australia has been rated between 7th and 13th least corrupt nation in the world since this Index started in 1995
- Corruption is a major cause of world poverty See: Nations Based on the Bible are least corrupt
“Australia was the least corrupt nation at the G20 meeting in Brisbane Nov 2014” (THE AGE Nov 2014)
- AUSTRALIA: SECOND HIGHEST HUMAN DEVELOPMENT INDEX (HDI) RANKING OUT OF 182 NATIONS
HDI is a measure of key dimensions of a long and healthy life, being knowledgeable and having a decent standard of living)
- AUSTRALIA: SECOND HIGHEST LEVEL OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH
“The Freedom Index” rates freedom of speech and religion in Australia as second out of 185 nations, second in the world for property rights and fifth in the world for business freedom.
AUSTRALIAN CITIES HAVE BEEN CONSISTENTLY RATED THE MOST LIVABLE CITIES IN THE WORLD
2014 listing of most livable cities ranked Melbourne #1, Adelaide #5, Sydney #7 and Perth #9