It is only a few short days till the “blitz”, a week long intensive distribution of God’s Word in Greater Melbourne.
Well over 100000 Bibles will be distributed
free of charge across the city in the next week in the largest event of its kind in Australian history. The City of Melbourne flooded with the Word of God. Praise God.
Close to 300 Gideon members ( 80 teams) are coming to Melbourne from across Australia to distribute scriptures in universities, hospitals, prisons and schools and
other places. We will also be witnessing across the streets and suburbs of
Melbourne, especially the CBD.
A special order of 200,000 scriptures has arrived. All the major denominations in
Victoria/Melbourne have been engaged and are supporting in some way. Many, many churches and members are involved in different ways.
This 1 minute video that can be shown in churches this coming Sunday. www.lifesi.com/gideon/m4m.html
We would greatly appreciate their prayer support for the week ahead.
The Night of Testimonies
As part of this week and to celebrate God’s goodness we are putting on a
number of “nights of testimonies.”
Mon 2 March 7.30pm Hampton Park Baptist Church 1 Orient Place Hampton Park
Tues 3 March 7.30pm Cross Culture Church, 194 LiKle Lonsdale St Melbourne
Thurs 5 March 7.30pm Essendon Baptist Church 134 Buckley St Essendon
These nights are a little gift from us to all of you – to inspire the
Christian community. Entry is free, they are not fundraisers or membership
recruitment events. They are a night to hear testimony of God’s greatness
and his Divine works. Hope your network can make it to one of these.
• His plans and purposes for the city of Melbourne and its people.
• His will for all to come to a saving knowledge of Him
• The Scriptures have arrived safely and in time; an answered prayer!
• We give thanks to God for the many volunteers from the Churches who will be
involved in Mission for Melbourne (1-‐8 Mar.), and for the many Churches that
are partnering with us in this outreach.Power of Prayer:
We can’t over-‐estimate the importance of covering every step of the Mission
for Melbourne in prayer. Please join us by praying that:
• spiritually dark places will be penetrated by God’s living Word (2Cor. 4:6)
• darkness will flee and blind eyes will be opened (Isa 9:2)
• eyes of the heart flooded with light, people may know the hope of His calling
• hard, rock-‐like hearts will be broken (Jer. 23:29) and replaced by new hearts,
open and responsive to God (Ez. 36:26, 27)
• Pray 2 Chronicles 7:14 over Melbourne “if my people who are called by my name
humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways,
then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land”.
• Melbourne will be opened up to the gospel and transformed as many people from
all walks of life come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour
• Christ will be honoured and worshipped by the city of Melbourne
• unity in the Spirit, love, flexibility, tolerance, patience, discipline and perseverance
will be evident in all we do (Psalm 133)
• To put on the whole armour of God, and that we don’t battle against flesh and blood
but against the spiritual forces in the heavenly sphere (Eph 6)
• That God’s people would overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of
testimony (Rev 12:11)
• The battle for Melbourne belongs to the Lord (2 Chron 20:15)
• Praise, honour and glory go to God in everything we do!
Please also pray for
• fine weather
• travelling mercies as 80 teams are on the road and thousands of city kilometres need
to be covered
• the Bibles to be delivered to the depot sites safely and with efficiency.
• kind parking meters and traffic police!
• Favour with the public and gate keepers to institutions and facilities
• God’s protection over all those participating in the blitz.
The Gideons International in Australia
Vice President Vic/Tas