Partner in prayer and overflow blessing to your neighbours, regions and nations.
In this video Sue Tinworth releases a taste of God’s blessing and introduces Two Prayer Strategies. See accompanying Powerpoint notes.
Strategy 1: Neighbourhood Prayer Watch
This one is for everyone – starting today! Jesus has sent us each as His disciples, His foot soldiers, to establish His Kingdom reign in our neighbourhoods. (Luke 10:1-38) Let’s be His ground cover – sharing Jesus, overflowing the blessings of His grace, love and life everywhere! (Acts 1:8) See what our Father is doing and align with Him in it and you will fulfill Jesus’ commission.
How simple is this?
Today, find a partner and commit to prayer watch your neighbourhood.
Prayer walk the streets around your local homes, churches, schools and businesses. Some folk, with Bill Wright from Adelaide, prayer walk wearing red T-shirts that say, “Praying for your local community.” People approach them to ask for prayer and they are seeing miraculous outcomes and influence as a result.
Prayer walk the neighbourhood around your local church – praying for your church and those who will come. Even more powerfully – join with people from other local churches to prayer walk together around your churches. Imagine spending the hour before church prayer walking around the church block – meeting and praying for those you meet. Imagine then coming to a church service that begins with adorational Prayer & Worship and concludes with your stories about what Jesus did on your block today!
Email us your address so we can rejoice with you and potentially put you in touch with other locals. firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategy 2: Regional Prayer Relay
We, as Jesus’ church, can easily establish continuous ongoing 24/7 prayer aircover over our cities and regions through Regional Prayer Relay. Many already join in united prayer once a month for their city. If 31 local churches invested in a prayer relay once a month we would have 24/7 prayer for our region!
How simple is this?
Together 31 local churches can cover their region in continuous prayer just by each hosting 1 day and night of prayer each month! You can host 24 hours of prayer simply with 12 people each praying 2 hours from their home – or by opening your church doors for 24 hours each month for people to come and go as they are able.
You are invited to join an imminent example of this:
Prayer & Worship Relay 40 Days 1 March – 9 April 2017.
Will your local church be one of 40 churches who create continuous canopy of prayer over our nation for 40 days? Register yourself, your group or local church. Join local gatherings. See www.40daysofprayer.org.au
Regional Prayer Relay:
- frees us to love and worship God with our whole hearts
- covers our region with blessing, discernment and prayer
- enables our local church to be a house of prayer in our designated area
- liberates our diversity of expression
- empowers us to be one in Spirit
Why 24/7 prayer?
- Our Lord inspires our wholehearted love and longing for Him and draws us to dwell in His presence and offer Him the night and day worship He is so worthy of.
- The 24/7 prayer watch alerts us to arise and work together to vigilently shield and bless our communities.
- 24/7 prayers are answered. Jesus said, “…will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly.” (Luke 18:7-8) (Also see: Exodus 13:21, 2 Chronicles 6:20, Nehemiah 1:6, 4:9, 22, Psalm 88:1-2, Luke 2:37, 21:37, 1 Thessalonians 3:10, 2 Timothy 1:3, Revelation 4:8, 7:15)
- Tom Hess says, “True watchmen watch God.” Regional Prayer Relay enables us to see and report what God shows us so we can collaborate in what our Father is doing – each fulfilling our part as the Holy Spirit leads.
- Extended time in God’s presence is transformational and enables us to be carriers of His presence and power. (Deuteronomy 10:8)
- By being one, we bear witness to our Father’s love for the world, as Jesus’ prayed.
“I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” John 17:20-24
Pray our pastors, prayer and worship leaders will hear God’s call to work together to establish 24/7 Regional Prayer Relay.
Email us if you are committed to Regional Prayer Relay: email@example.com
We offer you opportunities to train for and participate in times of Regional Prayer Relay:
- National Tour: Prayer for Australia Breakthrough Prayer 26 Nov- 7 December 2016. Pastors & leaders were impacted as exalted Jesus and saw how His church is becoming His House of Prayer in regions around the world where regional prayer watch is operating! See More: Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Hobart, Canberra, Wollongong. See Promo Video
- National Day of Prayer & Fasting 2017 invites you to join or host regional prayer: 10am-4pm Saturday 25 February. Posters are available. Register: www.nationaldayofprayer.org.au
- 40 Days of Prayer & Worship Relay -1 March – 9 April 2017. You and your local church can be part of continuous prayer for Australia! Invest time in God’s presence and become His presence carriers. Daily readings are based on Acts 1:8. Receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you to be Jesus’ witnesses in your neighbourhood. www.40daysofprayer.org.au
- Pray for Melbourne: 31 Local CitiesPrayer Plan Unite in praying for one of our 31 municipal cities each day! Register & join Melbourne prayer groups: www.PrayforMelbourne.com.au