Do you love your neighbours well?
If you love our Father with your whole heart, you’ll love those who are on His heart. (Mark 12:30-31, John 3:16) You’ll love your neighbours when you see them from our Father’s perspective. (1 John 3:16-24, 1 John 4:7-21) Prayer-walk your neighbourhood and pray your heart and eyes open to see what your Father is doing – so you can align your prayer and actions with His will. “Blessed are the eyes that see what you see.” Luke 10:23
Jesus has sent us to open our neighbours’ eyes and hearts.
“The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ.” 2 Corinthians 4:4 Jesus said to Paul, “I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God.” Acts 26:17-18 See what happened when Jesus sent ordinary ones like us into local neighbourhoods in Luke 10:1-38! “…the Lord appointed 72 others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Go! I am sending you…’” Luke 10:1-3
- Say: “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free.” Luke 4:18
- Pray: you’ll connect with local Christians who’ll prayer walk your neighbourhood. Pray God’s light will overcome darkness in our regions. (Luke 10:17-19) Pray “That the glory of the Lord be revealed to my nation and that all the inhabitants will see. ” Isaiah 40:5
- Obey: Go as Jesus’ witnesses in the power and leading of His Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 1:17, Acts 1:8) Jesus is with you to enable you to share the good news of God’s love with your neighbours! (Matthew 18:18-20) May the abundant life of Jesus’ rule bless you and your neighbourhood!
How easy is it to prayer-walk your neighbourhood!
Do you walk? Then pray as you walk… Do you pray? Then walk as you pray…
Do what Jesus did:
- Know God as your Father. He longs for all to know Him. (John 14:6-31, 1 John 2:3-6, Hebrews 8:11) You are where you are so others may know Him as Father. (Acts 17:26-28)
- Depend on miracles. Wait on the Holy Spirit’s leading and rely on Him as you go. (John 5:19) Expect divine connections, miraculous opportunities, healing and salvations. (Matthew 19:26, Luke 9:1-6)
- Go to the least. Love them with the compassion that moved Jesus. (Matthew 9:36, 25:340-46, Luke 9:48)
- Suffer if necessary. (Romans 8:17-18, 1 Peter 3:13-17, Philippians 1)
- Rejoice in the Lord. (Isaiah 56:7, Luke 10:17,21, Philippians 4:4-7)
Source: Roland Baker, Keeping the Fire. Acknowledgement: Bill Wright, Adelaide Arise
It is our delight to bless you and pray for you as you: “Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ… Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” Colossians 4:2-6, 1:9-14
We support Two Simple Powerful Local Prayer Strategies. See: Regional Prayer Watch Strategy for local churches.
Ask us, Partners in Prayer & Evangelism, to support you with training, resources and accompaniment. See some of the additional steps you can take in strengthening your neighbourhood prayer watch. Email us if you committed to do this so we can rejoice with you and potentially connect you with others!
Sue Tinworth email@example.com 0418389419 www.partnersinprayer.org.au