Summary of Content:
- Introduction to Blessing.
- Blessing Gatherings.
- Blessing Resources: Ffald-y-Brenin Resources Are Available in Australia through PIPES.
- Teaching on Blessing
Introduction to Blessing
Choose to receive and overflow the bountiful blessing that God is releasing on all!
Deuteronomy 30:19-20 I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life…
Jeremiah 6:16 Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; and you will find rest for your souls.
Choose to be a new covenant priest who carries, ministers and releases your Father’s Presence – His blessing – Jesus’ kingdom come on earth.
Deuteronomy 10:8 At that time the Lord set apart the tribe of Levi to carry the ark of the covenant of the Lord, to stand before the Lord to minister and to pronounce blessings in his name, as they still do today.
Numbers 6:22-27 This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them: ‘The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.’ So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them.
1 Peter 2:5,9 You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
Download Teaching on Biblical Basis of Blessing by Frank Jetmar – Biblical Basis of Blessing
Blessing Gatherings: Simple Local House of Prayer
Followers of Jesus across the world are intentionally praying together for their families, neighbour and colleagues etc – as Jesus’ simple local house of prayer for all nations; Luke 10 houses of peace. Some do this through their local church or with prayer partners in their local nighbourhood, school, workplace, sporting group etc.
Some of us stay in touch across Australia and New Zealand and gather monthly to bless and be blessed; and to share our stories about being Jesus’ house of prayer.
Monthly Melbourne Gatherings: People of Blessing – usually on the second Wednesday of the month but it will be the 3rd Wednesday in July.
Our next monthly public People of Blessing gathering will be Wednesday 16 July and will include an opportunity to experience a Jewish Sabbat Family Blessing.
Venue: 150 Tindals Rd, Park Orchards (opposite Donvale Christian School.)
Time: Come for a Jewish Family Blessing Meal at 6pm – bring food to share. Jahleel Shelling from Celebrate Messiah will come with his family and lead us in a traditional family blessing as part of the meal. You can join us later in the evening for a further time of fellowship, blessing, worship etc.
Please RSVP Sue Tinworth 0418389419
Join Sue Tinworth, Rod Schneider, Gary Morgan & Frank Jetmar and others as they share what God is doing in Australia as they apply the invitations from The Grace Outpouring: Becoming a People of Blessing by Roy Godwin & Dave Roberts.
Come to share and hear stories about what God is doing through local people.
Partner with others as Local Houses of Prayer in local prayer & evangelism to bless and transform your neighbourhood, workplace, school or university with other Christians.
Contact us for information on next meetings: firstname.lastname@example.org 0418 389 419
We recommend these anointed resources from Ffald-y-Brenin in Wales and other authors:
- Roy Godwin & Dave Roberts, Grace Outpouring: Becoming a People of Blessing. The Amazing Story of God’s Work at Ffald-y-Brenin. www.ffald-y-brenin.org Grace Outpouring is available from Koorong & Word & Amazon Bookshops. David Roberts co-authered, with Pete Grieg, Red Moon Rising – on the 24/7 prayer movement in the UK and Europe.
- CraigHill3 on Youtube: Speak Blessings on Your Children
- Craig Hill The Power of a Parent’s Blessing (2013) Koorong.
- David Tensen: Download/CDs Soaking Healing Prayers: Healing and Relief from Fear & Anxiety and Father’s Blessing of Love See: www.davidtensen.com
- Richard Rohr Original Blessing http://www.danwilt.com/original-blessing-with-richard-rohr/
- Trent & Gary Smalley, The Blessing
- Mike Shreve 65 Promises from God for you Child. Koorong
- Dorothy Astoria,The Name Book – for blessings on people’s names.
- Sylvia Gunter & Arthur Burk, Blessing Your Spirit
- Faisal Malick, Positioned to Bless
- Derek Prince, Blessing or Curse You can Choose.
Ffald-y-Brenin resources available in Australia through PIPES:
- Daily Rhythm of Prayer by Roy Godwin from Ffald-y-Brenin. www.ffald-y-brenin.org ($5)
- A Simple Guide To Establishing A Local House Of Prayer by Roy Godwin from Ffald-y-Brenin. www.ffald-y-brenin.org Booklet & CD set ($20).
- Friday Blessings – A guide to blessing your local community. (no charge)
There are two ways to purchase resources:
1. Send your order and postal address by email and deposit funds directly:
Account Name: Partners in Prayer BSB 033127 Account No. 271781
2. Send your order, postal address and cheque payable to Partners in Prayer: 55 Wonga Rd, Ringwood North, 3134 Australia.
Teaching on Blessing:
Are you aware of the power of blessing?
To Bless is to:
Honour as holy – to glorify – as in blessing the Lord
Make holy – to sanctify
Invoke divine favour upon others.
Confer well-being, healing, prosperity.
God’s Blessing will:
- Encourage, lift up, instruction, comfort.
- Heal people’s spirit mind, will, emotions, body and heal land etc
- Open people to the Holy Spirit’s leading.
- Release fresh insight, wisdom, authority, power and freedom.
- Clarify identity, purpose and destiny as ‘sons’ of God.
- Lead people to godly relationships, influences, opportunities, provision.
- Enable people to enter God’s kingdom of righteousness, peace and joy. Ro 14:17
- Fill places with God’s presence & fruitfulness.
- Endow – as with talent, gift, calling.
Blessing is impartation…
so before blessing pause to connect with Father’s heart; to discern what the Father wants to release to them in this moment and His will and word for this person.
How do you access Father’s heart as your source for the blessing?….. e.g. thru praise, worship, thanksgiving – listening/spoken prayer/tongues…
Impartation involves release of grace that the other person has to open to receive – so need Spirit led words, timing, space, significance of how it is done.
Before we can overflow God’s blessing: we need to receive our Father’s blessings, because we can only give away what we have received from Him…
You can receive Father’s Blessing now…
Download ( or order CD) Soaking Healing Prayers
1. Healing and Relief from Fear & Anxiety
2. Father’s Blessing of Love
from David Tensen, Australian manager of Elijah House. www.davidtensen.com
We recommend David’s seminar, Restoring the Father’s Blessing which gives us a framework for blessing 3 aspects of a person’s life.
3D Blessing releases God’s spiritual formation of each person’s God given
- Design: identity (Eph 2:10, Gal 2:20)
- Desires: life purpose (Isa 55:11, Jer 29:11-14)
- Dominion: sphere of influence (Gen 1:27-30, 2:19, Deut 33:13-16)
Bless God Given DESIGN & DESIRES:
We all – especially our children – need to be blessed by our Father – and receive His help to know
- Who am I? – addresses a person’s perception of himself (gender etc) – his identity.
- What am I worth? – the value of their life (timing of birth, acceptance at birth etc)
- Why am I here? – a person’s perception of purpose -destiny – function and significance on earth. e.g. What am I supposed to do?
For more on this see: Craig Hill & other resources above.
Seek your Father’s answers to these formative questions (prompted by Andee Sellman):
1. How am I known in heaven?
2. Why am I here on earth?
3. What is my life message?
4. Who are my people group?
When we know these answers we can overflow God’s blessing to others in purposeful ways and how when where will get clearer as we simply obey God’s leading.
Here are some more questions you can reflect on. We’d love to hear your responses:
- Are you a son of God filling and overflowing with blessing?
- Do you feel called to pray for a suburb/sphere of influence/people group?
- Have you already begun to pray for your neighbourhood/workplace?
- Are you willing to be listed as a Local House of Prayer in your area?
- Are you blessing people around you?
- Are you blessing what God is doing in your area?
- Do you know the houses of peace in your neighbourhood?
- If we are not doing this – let’s ask the Spirit of God to show us what is stopping us…
- Do you have any questions?
Bless DOMINION: and become an overflow channel of God’s blessing and rule:
- Know you are a priest – called to bless. Num 6:22-27, 1 Peter 2:5,9
- Ask God to help you identify deeply, as one with the people, business, land, neighbourhood, you will bless.
Confess all areas unforgiveness, judgment and offence in your own heart e.g. lack of love for them.
- Ask God to show you what He wants you to repent of – on their behalf – so you (all) are cleansed from past and present sin.
- Confess your sins and break the curses and consequences of rejecting Jesus, shedding innocent blood, immorality, broken covenants. Genesis 26:24, Numbers 16:46-48, Jeremiah 14:7-, Ephesians 6:10-20
- Release God’s blessings – His will, gifts, healing and purposes.
- Blessing individuals, people groups and communities includes: personal identity formation, enabling people know they are ‘sons’ of God and receive our Father’s blessing. It includes honouring fathers and mothers and commissioning and honouring leaders 2 Timothy 2:1-3. It includes blessing your ‘enemies’ Genesis 17:17, Matthew 5:44 and Israel Genesis 12:2-3, Numbers 6:26, Hebrews 8:8-12
- Blessing climate, land, waterways, livestock, crops. Deuteronomy 33:13-16
Examining the distinction between praying, prophesying and blessing.
Pray is speaking to God. Prophesy and blessing are spoken to a person; people group etc.
Blessing includes naturally worded encouragement or grace, or generic life affirming truth as well as prophetic – future telling revelatory word.
Blessing is a form of prophetic declaration – and so helps us see and hear the Father’s perspective of a person, place and season. We can bless God’s release of what is needed to equip people with the new anointing/ graces that Father wants to equip them with for next season. (e.g. fruit and gifts of the Spirit)
Practice receiving & releasing God’s blessing:
Ask Holy Spirit to give you the words, pictures, Scripture, song that will encourage build up and support each other. Start with brief, natural and simple encouragement.
Bless Your Family
- at key times in life: birth, birthdays, transitions. See Craig Hill’s book , The Power of a Parent’s Blessing.
- by adopting God’s pattern of weekly Sabbath family blessing – and see your parents (Exodus 20:12), extended family, marriage, children, gardens and business flourish. Children grow strongly in gender formation, identity formation, development and relationships – favour with God and man.
Bless your Neighbours, Regions and Nations.
Blessing releases God’s power! Jesus’ kingdom rule is released when, in His name:
- We bless the Lord – through worship, adoration and thanksgiving.
- We declare God’s blessing– voicing our faith in His character, Biblical promises, and leading.
- We speak blessing– natural encouragement within authentic relationships with local people.
- We are a blessing – acting kindly and releasing Jesus’ power for healing, provision etc.
Ffald-y-Brenin has released a copyright free paper on blessing your region called ‘Friday Blessing.’ which is available in our Blessing Pack. In addition permission is given to use this prayer that was repeated on all of the 70 days in each of the places across the United Kingdom where the Olympic torch was carried. See:http://www.houseofglorynetwork.com/uploads/5/8/7/5/5875367/keep_praying_and_bless.pdf
A Daily Prayer of Blessing for each area:
We stand in the mighty name of Jesus and bless you (name of area)
That you might prosper under the mighty hand of God.
We bless you that justice and righteousness might take their proper place within your boundaries.
We bless you that the favour of the Lord might rest upon you and give you peace.
We bless you that the Father’s compassion might fall upon your people.
We bless your poor that they might be lifted up.
We bless you that the knowledge of Jesus might come in amongst you like a flood.
We bless the people of God in (name of area) that they might rise up with servant authority
and become a people of blessing.
We bless you that the joy of the Lord might be your strength. Amen.
From Ffald-y-Brenin. www.ffald-y-brenin.org.
In July 2012 Sue Tinworth had the privilege to spend some days at Ffald-y-Brenin, Wales experiencing God’s blessing, healing and revelation. At the end of this visit we were asked to become their distributors in Australia. Sue was back in Ffald-y-Brenin in August 2013.