God has asked us to love our neighbours.
They really need the shielding embrace of the Holy Ghost during Halloween and everyday. We can make a real difference if we will pray and overflow God’s Spirit to them.
Are you serious?
Many innocent children and families do not realise that this is not harmless make believe. Encouraging children to celebrate the work of the devil – death, fear and torment, makes them vulnerable to the one who seeks to kills, steal and destroy. As watchmen we see serious satanic worship behind this that builds demonic strongholds in our culture.
Please go here to read a series of excellent articles by Kris Schlyder, Coordinator, Australian Indigenous Prayer Network, about the dangers and the reality of October 31st.
“Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” 1 Peter 5:8
“No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons.” 1 Corinthians 10:20-21
“But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” 1 Timothy 6:11-12
So how can we pray?
Pray as God leads you across these days before and after Halloween:
- Quote (or sing) Scripture aloud in worship, to declare the goodness of God and align under your Lord Jesus’ majesty and authority – His Kingdom come! I will exalt You. No longer a slave to fear, I am a child of God. (9.34 mins)
- Declare the blood of Jesus over your family doorposts and your neighbours’ households, business, parks, schools etc Take up your authority in Christ to build the spiritual walls where your family lives and to re-establish the Lord’s reign at the spiritual gates of your street, suburbs and local cities.
- Repent along with our American brothers and sisters in Christ, that our nation has so embraced the lie of “Halloween” – giving power to death, confusion, death and destruction in our Australian culture.
- Declare God’s blessing over your neighbourhoods – love, life, minds set free from spiritual blindness, freedom to the captives, harvest workers released, souls won.
- Prayer walk your streets releasing the reality of our King’s Dome over your neighbourhood.
- On the 31st October we also remember the battle and celebrate the breakthrough of our ANZAC troops at Beersheva in 1917 that opened the way for Israel to come home to their Promised Land. (John 15:12-13) Let joy flood you and all around you to come home to life abundant in the kingdom of God!
“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.” Ephesians 6:12″Hear, O Israel, today you are drawing near for battle against your enemies: let not your heart faint. Do not fear or panic or be in dread of them, for the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.” Deuteronomy 20:3-4
So how can we respond to our neighbours?
“Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14
- Do not respond to the trappings or spirits behind Halloween in fear or a religious spirit. Rather, meet it in the opposite Spirit and the power of the Holy Ghost!
- Align with our Lord’s good humour to overcome your fears and religious judgement and stiffness and overpower the feeble attempts of His enemy. “... the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he sees that his day is coming.” (Psalm 37:13)
- Lighten up! Ask the Lord to use humour to open people’s hearts to the Spirit of Truth, so you can speak explicitly about the hope and life Jesus offers them.
- Good humour will help you relate to the children as Jesus would – in a warm natural way with joy, affection and kindness – releasing the love of the Father, the peace of Christ and the fruit of the Spirit of God.
- Ask our Father for His perspective of the precious souls beneath the costume and paint – and pour the love of God on them in supernatural ways, as led by His Spirit. Connect with God’s Spirit inside you, and overflow His love and joy.
- Welcome the children warmly and bless them in a natural way. Examples: “Hey, we are glad you came to our house! (As you give them treats). “You are precious and loved by God.” You may have opportunity to say more, “I bless you with Holy Ghost power – to live and not die – and to be filled with love and not fear, in Jesus’ name.” You may even be able to say, “I cover you in the blood of Jesus.”
- Prepare generous treats that can remind them of the blessing you gave them. Examples: You could give a bag of jelly babies, saying “God loves you. We are all His children.” You could give red jelly cups or red lolly pops) and say, with a twinkling smile, “This is Jesus’ blood. Drink it and ask Him to give you His special powers so you can live forever.”
- You may feel the Holy Ghost prompting you to go onto the streets to release gifts and blessings to the children or neighbours He leads you to meet. To open doors and hearts, take Spirit filled children with you! Choose costumes that reflect the Opposite Spirit – purity, hope, life and light (for example angels or angelic warriors).
So how can we reach out to our neighbours?
Seize the Day as an opportunity to build a bridge to ongoing contact with your neighbours!
One example: We’ve been invited into our neighbours homes when we came to give away generous sweets (e.g. bars of chocolate.) We said, we wanted to invite them to a neighbourhood picnic in the park just before Christmas and they gladly gave us contact details so we could send them the arrangements. The Christmas picnic was another opportunity to build relationship and bless them – and was enjoyed by all who came!
Tell your neighbours you are bringing love & abundant life in your neighbourhood rather than glorifying fear and death. Say, “We come in kindness, not intimidation. We are sharing Good Spirit not evil.”
If the Holy Ghost gives you opportunity, tell them your one minute testimony. Example: “I used to be full of fear/anger/bitterness but when I asked Jesus to take my burdens away, peace/joy/love filled my whole being. Now I want to lighten other’s burdens by inviting them to know the goodness and power of God to change their life.”
Here’s some more content that can help you:
- Download the tool WAY OF LIFE to your phone so you can show people the gospel. This tool is leading many Aussies to Christ. Join a training campaign in your area.
- Share the gospel anytime, anywhere: THREE CIRCLES IN THREE MINUTES
- Find out more about how to release blessing
- Find out more about prayer walking
- Tell us your story so we can pass it on…