You can contribute to the regional impact of Jesus’ kingdom in your city or country region. See the 83 regions of Australia listed below.
Some Regional Strategies on Our Heart:
Some of this work is natural and ordinary. Some is supernatural and extraordinary.
1. Prayer for our Regions
We are developing a sites where you can list your prayer partnerships, prayergroups and regional Houses Of Prayer as private or public prayer groups that pray for your region.
Register your church or prayer group at www.PrayforAustralia.com.au. Be encouraged to see and be flames on the map!
This helps others can join your group and helps you you connect with other local groups (e.g. periodically or via prayer chain) to pray together for your region.
We invite you to use the list below to identify and pray for your own region regularly. You may like to print these regions so you can pray over other regions also. We sense a tremendous release of God’s power as we do this.
Contact: Sue Tinworth firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Prayer & Worship Gatherings
Initiated and hosted by multiple local churches and ministries, providing regular opportunities for the body of Christ to pray & worship together in various venues, regionally and centrally in and around Melbourne. This needs the active support of pastor’s networks.
We particularly envisage and encourage 24 hour events (e.g. Friday 7pm to Saturday 7pm) that are big enough to challenge us to work with the other churches in our region so we are praying together for our region, and building relationship and the ability to sustain collaborative regional 24/7 prayer and worship in the future. We envisage the inclusion of creative worship expressions such as painting and dance. Collaborative evangelism could arise.
Have a look at:
- www.PrayforAustralia.com.au where local prayer & worship events become part on one continuous relay of 24/7 prayer.
- Seek His Face: http://partnersinprayer.org.au/lilydale-churches-unite-to-seek-his-face-in-24-hour-prayer-and-worship/
- Prayer Furnaces: http://www.generationfire.com.au/the-furnace-24-7-prayer-furnac/
- Burn 24-7: http://burn24-7.com/about/how-to-burn/
- Seek His Face Lilydale 19 Oct 2012 Story: Russell Bratton http://www.facebook.com/welcomeback/requests/#!/SeekHisFace24HourWorshipAndPrayer
- City of Casey regional prayer, worship & evangelism Story: Teresa Fraraccio email@example.com
Regional worship gatherings will emerge when there is local initiative and momentum that we can gather around to support. This needs committed church leaders, venues, worship leaders, prayer leaders, artists, dancers, event planners and organisers.
Contact: Rod Schneider firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Freedom Festivals
We see the body of Christ, in different regions around Melbourne, combining resources to host all-age, family-friendly festivals with live music, comedy, evangelistic preaching, food, rides, healing tents, prophetic stalls, dream interpretation stalls, prayer ministry tents, bible study tents, quiet prayer and meditation tents, painting, dancing etc. This can begin by hosting stalls at general regional markets and festivals.
Teams from many local churches are already present in local festivals and are collaborating as joint forces and are being discipled. It is another step to host Freedom Festivals – so this will happen when there is Spirit led mobilisation of organisers, evangelists and comedians to preach, and lots of people and resources from many local churches.
Contact: Jahleel Shelling email@example.com
4. Prayer & Evangelism Training
Lifestyle training includes identity and character development, confession and repentance lifestyle, baptism of water and Holy Spirit, taking communion, living in community with other believers, fasting, learning how to worship God, chat with God, declare blessings, see the needs around you, connect with people, encourage people, identify persons or houses of peace, pray for people, tell your God stories, share good news, lead pre-believers to Christ, baptise people, lead bible discussions, receive from God, meet people’s needs, heal sick people, cast out demons, prophesy, receive words of knowledge, raise the dead.
There are obviously many general and applied training courses and processes.
- We are keen to engage in training that is based in relationship– discipleship- rather than event or task based.
- We are examining materials and processes that can be adapted by local trainers to the proposed strategies.
- Let us know training you recommend and trainers and authors who are willing to place their video, audio and written training materials online for people to download free of charge.
- We’d like to hear from evangelists who are willing to disciple others in ‘natural’ supernatural relational evangelism. Is that you?
Contact: Australia for Jesus Tony McLennan firstname.lastname@example.org
We list these regions of Australia and our neighbouring nations to prompt you to partners to pray for your region and each others and to prompt you to connect, pray and reach out as the Body of Christ – one Church in your local area.
Spiritually we see ourselves as one in Christ: The Great Southland of the Holy Spirit – Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea and Papau, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Fiji and Samoan Islands.
Australian States & Territories:
Officially we are The Commonwealth of Australia – honouring all past and present generations living on this continent – Indigenous and immigrant citizens of our federated nation.
We adopted these 83 regions as useful ways to see parts of Australia that have reasonable geographic affinity.
- Melbourne – CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Melbourne – Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Melbourne – Eastern Suburbs
- Melbourne – Northern Suburbs
- Melbourne – Western Suburbs
- Bendigo, Goldfields & Macedon Ranges
- Bairnsdale & Gippsland
- Ballarat & Central Highlands
- Geelong & Great Ocean Road
- Horsham & Grampians
- Mildura & Murray
- Mornington Peninsula & Bass Coast
- Shepparton & Goulbourn Valley
- Traralgon & La Trobe Valley
- Yarra Valley & High Country
New South Wales
- Sydney – CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Sydney – North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Sydney – North West & Hills District
- Sydney – Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Sydney – Ryde Macquarie Park
- Sydney – Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire
- Sydney – South West & M5 Corridor
- Albury, Wodonga & Murray
- Blue Mountains & Central West NSW
- Coffs Harbour & North Coast NSW
- Dubbo & Central NSW
- Far West & North Central NSW
- Gosford & Central Coast NSW
- Gouburn & Southern Tablelands NSW
- Lismore & Far North Coast NSW
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Richmond & Hawkesbury
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- Tumut, Southern Highlands & Snowy
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast NSW
Australian Capital Territory
- Canberra and ACT
- Brisbane – CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Brisbane – Bayside & Eastern Suburbs
- Brisbane – Northern Suburbs
- Brisbane – Southern Suburbs & Logan
- Brisbane – Western Suburbs & Ipswich
- Bundaberg & Wide Bay Burnett
- Cairns & Far North QLD
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- Gold Coast
- Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Mt Isa & Western QLD
- Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast
- Somerset & Lockyer
- Sunshine Coast
- Toowoombah & Darling Downs
- Townsville & Northern QLD
- Alice & Central Australia
- Katherine & Northern Australia
- Perth -CBD Inner & Western Suburbs
- Perth- Eastern Suburbs
- Perth – Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Perth -NorthernSuburbs & Joondalup
- Perth – Rockingham & Kwinana
- Broome & Kimberley
- Bunbury & South West WA
- Geraldton, Gascoyne & Midwest
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperence
- Albany & Great Southern
- Mandurah & Peel
- Northam & Wheatbelt
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Adelaide Hills
- Coober Pedy & Outback SA
- Fleurieu Peninsula & Kangaroo Island
- Mt Gambier & Limestone Coast
- Riverland & Murray Mallee
- Whyalla & Eyre Peninsula
- Yorke Peninsula & Clare Valley
- Central & South East TAS
- Devonport & North West TAS
- Launceston & North East TAS
- Ashmore and Cartier Islands.
- Australian Antarctic Territory.
- Christmas Island.
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands.
- Coral Sea Islands.
- Heard and McDonald Islands.
- Norfolk Island.
Source: Remote Offshore Territories – Geoscience Australia
There are Towns in Country Regions and Local Municipal Councils within Cities.
For example in Melbourne:
|1. City of Melbourne|
|2. City of Port Phillip|
|3. City of Stonnington|
|4. City of Yarra|
|5. City of Banyule|
|6. City of Bayside|
|7. City of Boroondara|
|8. City of Brimbank|
|9. City of Darebin|
|10. City of Glen Eira|
|11. City of Hobsons Bay|
|12. City of Kingston|
|13. City of Manningham|
|14. City of Maribyrnong|
|15. City of Monash|
|16. City of Moonee Valley|
|17. City of Moreland|
|18. City of Whitehorse|
|19. Shire of Cardinia|
|20. City of Casey|
|21. City of Frankston|
|22. City of Greater Dandenong|
|23. City of Hume|
|24. City of Knox|
|25. City of Maroondah|
|26. City of Melton|
|27. Shire of Mornington Peninsula|
|28. Shire of Nillumbik|
|29. City of Whittlesea|
|30. City of Wyndham|
|31. Shire of Yarra Ranges|
We could mobilise many to pray for Melbourne ( e.g. 31 Day Local Cities Prayer Plan)