We are Partners in Prayer & Evangelism.
Prayer is an inadequate response to the kind of love our Father has for this world. He loves each one so much He sent His only son so that whoever believes in Him may have eternal life!
Our Father has a plan for the salvation of every one– a plan to optimise their ability to choose life. They are many choices that form our decision to receive God’s gift of eternal life and our journey toward living an abundant life on earth. When we know our Father’s heart and our deeply present to His kairos moments in His plan for the people around us, we can know our part and cooperate with Him. Partnering with God begins with prayer – being available and sensitive to what our Father is doing and what He is asking us to do in particular situations.
Loving God with our whole heart (Mark 12:30) fills us until we overflow with love for our neighbour (Mark 12:31) and for one another. (John 13:34-35).
We can be the catalyst; the key ingredient; the secret agent in the right place at the right time to impact on a vital choice that others will make; to bring what is missing into a person’s life – or even to impact a community or people group.
When Christ lives in us, we are carrying living water. We are light in darkness. We are salt to preserve life. We can be just what another soul needs in their kairos opportunity:
- someone who sees from another perspective and can offer hope, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness and gentleness into a particular situation;
- someone around them who can pray with faith for them and with them;
- someone whose life reveals the trustworthiness, presence and power of God;
- someone who will take their pain – releasing it to Jesus – and forgive and not take offence or form judgement or reject them;
- someone who will bring life as Jesus did – releasing supernatural power in a really natural, loving way into their personal circumstance!
When we pray and offer our lives, every moment of our day to Jesus, we discover our Father has a plan to optimise the meaning, significance and power of even ordinary aspects of our day and the day of others. Our prayers, words and actions can change the spiritual atmosphere to enable the people we have been put in touch with, to choose life today.
Who are you here for?
- We each have people in our sphere of of influence – people we meet regularly – in our families, our neighbourhoods and workplaces.
- We each meet people “coincidentally” everyday in the streets, shopping centres, on public transport.
- We each have particular people groups on our heart – school children; Indigenous people groups; immigrant; homeless people; those of particular ethnic or language groups.
We are to live, being true to who we are as sons of God and trusting Him to use our little part. Things that look pretty messy from our perspective can have significance in other lives that we won’t know until later. Even death can be a catalyst for life and glory to God.
Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power did great wonders and miraculour signs among the people. When opposition arose and men began to argue with Stephen, they could not stand up against his wisdom or the Spirit by whom He spoke. When they were furious at him, Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God” and invited them to look! “While they were stoning him he cried out, ‘Lord, do not hold this sin against them.’ And Saul was there, giving approval to his death.” (Acts 7:8, 54-8:1)
Partners in Prayer & Evangelism are committed to helping, supporting and promoting:
- Neighbourhood Prayer and Evangelism e.g. local houses of prayer
- Regional 24 hour Prayer and Worship Gatherings e.g. prayer furnaces
- United Prayer for Australia:
- National Day of Prayer & Fasting-for LIFE 10 Feb 2013 in Parliament House, Canberra, local churches and online www.nationaldayofprayer&fasting.com.au
- 40 Days of Prayer & Fasting -LIFE 13 Feb-24 March 2013 www.40daysorprayer.com.au
- Prayerhouse: Jesus’ House of Prayer – for your neighbours, regions and nations. Online prayer rooms opening soon! We will soon be launching an online prayerhouse that will enable watchmen from 83 regions of Australia and watchmen from different spheres of influence and callings to keep in touch with what God is having others pray. It will enable you to pray in agreement with others – using an Amen button or by Reply! Prayerhouse also has the facility for Friends to weave collaborative prayer and prayer strategy; and to track God Stories, prophecies and new resources.
One Response to Why We Changed Our Name from Partners in Prayer…