FORM A NEIGHBOURHOOD PRAYER WATCH IN THE LEAD UP TO THE VICTORIAN ELECTION
You can find the Victorian Neighbourhood Prayer Watch Tool to your local government areas in other states.You can adapt the Victorian Neighbourhood Prayer Watch Tool to your local government areas in other states.
Your Local Government Areas – across Australia, New Zealand and some South Pacific nations are listed at the end of this paper: Neighbourhood Prayer Watch.
We’ve defined neighbourhood as Local Government Areas – councils & shires – because they have stable boundaries, are familiar to us and provide a base for spiritual mapping – local information, services and demographics. They are accessible for local prayer gatherings and prayer walking.
Simply find local prayer partners to pray with you for your neighbourhood.
1. Pray for your local council – leaders, people and area.
Find out more about your local council to inform your prayer in other states of Australia:
- Council Websites.
- Know your Council: Excellent snapshot information and maps:
NSW: https://www.yourcouncil.nsw.gov.au/ https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/public/find-my-council/ Queensland: https://www.statedevelopment.qld.gov.au/local-government/local-government-directory/search-the-local-government-directory
- Overview & Historical context of councils & electorates: https://www.wikipedia.org
- Clear summaries of some local councils around Australia at https://profile.id.com.au/
2. Pray for your local Electorate in Victoria and other states of Australia
- You can pray over maps of the 2022 Victorian electorates:
Map: 2022 electoral districts and regions – State-wide Regional Victoria (PDF, 9.2MB)
Map: 2022 electoral districts and regions – Metropolitan Melbourne (PDF, 7.6MB)
- Victorians, you can find your Upper House Region and Lower House District for the 2022 election by entering your address at: https://maps.ebc.vic.gov.au/
- You can then find information on your Upper House* candidates etc and Lower House candidates etc
*Note the newly created Upper House North Eastern Metropolitan Region is not showing full information on VEC Maps and is not yet on Wikipedia as at 30.9.22
Find Victorian Electorate from the Neighbourhood Prayer Watch tool:
The tool enables a group to identify the electorate/s that overlap their area so you can identify and pray by name for your local candidates, parties and voters.
- Links under the Electoral Districts (Lower House) and Regions (Upper House) go to Wikipedia Overview & Historical context.
- Links beside the Electoral Districts and Regions (VEC Maps) take you directly to Victorian Electoral Commission summary information & maps of the new electoral boundaries.
- Each name and link in this tool is saturated in God’s love for you and your neighbours.
Find more information on Victorian and other Australian Electorates
- Find your Lower House electoral boundaries, candidates etc: https://www.vec.vic.gov.au/electoral-boundaries/state-districts
- Find your Upper House electoral boundaries, candidates etc https://www.vec.vic.gov.au/electoral-boundaries/state-regions
- Find current Federal Electoral Divisions: https://www.aec.gov.au/profiles/
- For historical context: https://www.wikipedia.org
- Victorian Electoral Commission or your State electoral commission.
3. Pray for your Electoral Parties and Candidates
See updated lists of Candidates and Representatives at:
- Political party websites
4. Pray for the Victorian voters, the Victorian Electoral Commission, key spokes people and media – for God’s will to be done in all aspects of this election.
Pray Truth is recognised; deception and secret deals are revealed; and undemocratic, unrighteous laws removed. If you are Victorian, pray and seek God’s will for how He would have you vote in this election.