Your destiny and inheritance is to live forever in restored relationship with your Father and all who will receive abundant and eternal life through Jesus.
Your destiny is to die (to self) ASAP so Jesus lives in you – and through you in our generation.
- I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (Galatians 2:20)
- For me to live is Christ [His life in me], and to die is gain [the gain of the glory of eternity]. (Philippians 1:23)
We inherit from our earthly parents when they die but Jesus died so we inherit from our heavenly father when we die (to self). To inherit you need to accept God is your Father.
- For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. (Romans 8:14-17)
Nurturing This Generation
As spiritual mothers and fathers – we are in an era when it is vital that we turn our hearts to the children…. our natural and spiritual sons and daughters… so that our Father’s blessings are received in this generation. Blessing is for increase – yet so often we choose cursing. (Malachi 4:5,6)
In our contemporary culture birth rates are culled through birth control and abortion –based on a generational lie that children are inconvenient or burdensome and detract from our life style. This mindset steals, kills and destroys life – so many missing sons, daughters, grandchildren, cousins, friends, life partners, scientists, dancers, painters, funny people, wise ones…
- Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3
Jesus was serious about our responsibility to welcome, protect and bless little children. (Mark 9:35-37,42, Matthew 19:13-15) There are vital issues to be addressed in today’s society regarding the moral protection of children. Abuse continues to rise. “In the last ten years there was a four-fold increase in Chlamydia infections in the 10-14 year age group.”
Partners in Prayer Newsletter November 2011: What Does the Future Hold for our Children? Adapted from an article by Graham McDonald, National Team Leader of Children of the World, Campus Crusade for Christ Australia.
Much time and money has been spent to report on how we should preserve and improve the natural environment in which we live for future generations but “ we have as a nation paid little attention to the social environment in which our children are growing up” says Professor Patrick Parkinson, a specialist in family law and child protection, For Kid’s Sake – Repairing the Social Environment for Australian Children and Young People. “The dangers that the deterioration of this environment presents for the future are immense. Indeed, many of us may not even be aware of how bad things are becoming.”
A report from the evaluation and statistics branch of the Community Services NSW, showed that 30% of 12 – 17 year olds have been reported to the Government Child Protection Agency at least once in their life. The Director of The Australian Centre for Child Protection at the University of South Australia said these figures may be the highest in the developed world. The Parkinson report showed from 1997 to 2009 the total number of children in out-of-home care has more than doubled, from 15,674 to 35,895 at an ever increasing rate.
The dramatic increase in child abuse and neglect is only part of the overall deterioration of the wellbeing of our children. More than 25% of young people aged 16-24 have a mental disorder. A further 24% of young people, who have never experienced a mental disorder, are experiencing moderate to severe psychological distress, reflected in the 66% increase in the number of 12-14 year old children hospitalised because of intentional self-harm from 1996 to 2006. In the same period there was a 90% rise in hospitalisation of girls 15 to 17 years of age. Other manifestations of psychological distress include binge drinking and sexual promiscuity. The rate of hospitalisation due to alcohol intoxication in young women 15-24 years of age more than doubled between 1998 and 2006. In the last ten years there was a four-fold increase in chlamydia infections in the 10-14 year age group. Girls reporting unwanted sex increased from 28 to 38 per cent from 2002 to 2008.
Other significant results showed that religiously committed teenagers are less likely to become juvenile delinquents, adult criminals, substance abusers or engage in high-risk sexual behaviour. They have higher self-esteem and more positive attitudes about life. Rosemary Aird from the University of Queensland’s School of Population Health, conducted a survey of the effects of spiritual thoughts and behaviours of over 3,000 twenty one year olds. The survey looked at two different belief system -a recognition of God, as associated with traditional religions v the new spiritualism with no recognition of God. Aird discovered that the newer non-traditional beliefs were linked to higher rates of “anxiety, depression, disturbed thinking and anti-social behaviour”. Traditional religion tends to promote the idea of social responsibility and thinking of other’s interests.
I think we, as citizens and as the Church, need to challenge our governments to take seriously the mental health of our children and the research that demonstrates the value to society of raising children with Christian principles. We also need to pray and act for social justice so children, their parents and society can live abundantly.
Releasing This Generation to Their Destiny
- A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children… (Proverbs 13:22)
- Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. (Ephesians 6:4)
Picture this: I affirmed one of my daughters saying, ‘You are amazing!” and she turned to me and said,” Mum, I’m standing on your shoulders!” I was overwhelmed. My shoulders are steady enough for someone else to stand on!
It’s as if each generation is walking in progressive understanding and freedom in their identity, inheritance and authority in Christ. Apparently Bill Johnson said our ceiling is their floor! Well good because we are building Jesus’ House of Prayer – His kingdom! We HOPE in this generation! We need to be pure, mature disciples of Jesus– beautiful reflections of the glory of God, fighting for their future, for Jesus’ kingdom to come.
Have a look at this video clip from the Lindley family:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruyeI4zQG5M&feature=related
Let’s reflect deeply on ways we are to be like little children so we can enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Jesus said, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me. (Matthew 18:2-5)
- 4/14 Movement Raising up a New Generation from the 4/14 Window to Transform the World: The 4/14 Window refers to the demographic group from age four to fourteen years old, which is the most open and receptive to every form of spiritual and developmental input. God is calling us to a new missional focus: the 4/14 Window golden age of opportunity to transform the world. God is calling us to radically change the way we view children and to respond to their strategic importance and rightful place in His Kingdom. This often ignored and suffering people group can be transformed into a precious window of opportunity. In God’s hands, this enormous and largely ignored people group can become agents of transformational mission under the headship of Jesus Christ. The needs, the nature and the challenge of raising up a new generation out of the 4/14 Window are presented in the 4/14 brochure, booklet and book written by Luis Bush. This handbook describes our approach to address the needs and the challenges facing those working with the 4/14 Global Initiative within the framework of the Transform World Movement. www.4to14window.com
- Dads 4 Kids: Fatherhood Foundation Contact Warwick Marsh- www.fatherhood.org.au
- Prayer Group for Schools: Contact Marilyn Ford firstname.lastname@example.org
- See You at The Pole: 23rd September 2012 www.syatpaustralia.com
Receiving your Inheritance: a Matter of Honour
Whether you receive the fullness of your inheritance, does not depend not on your father or mother, or on the quality or quantity of what they have to give, but on your honour of them. Every spiritual and physical blessing is from our Father in heaven, and people are only his channels. We are all inadequate channels and representatives of our Father so he finds ways to compensate his children. God’s blessings flow more and more fully our willingness and capacity increases.
We cannot receive God’s blessing unless we forgive and honour our parents and those in authority. (That doesn’t mean to remain vulnerable to incest or abuse.) God gives us His grace to truly love others (even our enemies), to lay down offense and honour our mothers and fathers or father/mother figures. By God’s grace, incredible healing and restoration can occur with time – establishing patterns of honour that will be inherited by our children.
We are called to obey what God has said and trust our heavenly Father. God’s blessing – his favour on our lives – will flow through all kinds of father figure sources. Blessing flows from God through good sonship regardless of whether good parenting is available. Jesus came as a son to model for us the deep potential of our relationship with our Father in heaven. If we will position ourselves before God as Jesus did with his father – we will receive great blessing.
- “Honour your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you. (Deuteronomy 5:16)
- Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honour your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” (Ephesians 6:1-3)
- Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old. Buy the truth and do not sell it— wisdom, instruction and insight as well. The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him. May your father and mother rejoice; may she who gave you birth be joyful! (Proverbs 23:22-25)
- John Kingsley Alley, The Spirit of Sonship: An Apostolic Grace. 2008 Peace Christian Resources. www.peace.org.au
Have you received the Father’s Blessing on Your Identity and Destiny?
- He received honour and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” (2 Peter 1:17)
- See his father’s blessing on Joseph (Genesis 49:22-26)
Regardless of our age, wealth, prestige or position….. we can’t give what we haven’t yet received. Many of us have not received our Father’s blessing – his seal on our identity and destiny – so we cannot bless our children, and those we are supposed to be mentoring or discipling.
There are a lot of ‘boys’ who are not ‘men,’ regardless of their age because we cannot be mature and full to overflowing until we have received our Father’s blessing on our identity. Indigenous communities, particularly traditional Jewish families, retain remnants of generational blessing on personal identity and destiny. Even secular Jewish families still evidence the fruitfulness that comes from family blessing. We have lost this in the Church and the West. The blessings that Jesus received from his heavenly father, are meant to be transmitted to us all from our Father in Heaven, through our mothers and fathers. None of us receive or pass this on fully so God has ways to augment our families’ blessings through Spirit filled prayer.
Do you hunger for the following kinds of words to seal assurance in your heart?
- You were born at the right time.
- You were meant to be the gender you are.
- You are very precious in your Father’s eyes.
- There is specific meaningful purpose for your life.
- God has a plan for your life that will fulfil the desires he has placed in your heart. Fulfilling this is an interactive journey, in which you need to be an active co-pilot.
- High points in your life have been glimpses of that destiny.
- Low points are often when we are acquiring the reshaping and depth that we need to have the integrity of character that will be needed to fulfil our destiny.
- God will equip and resources you with all you need to fulfil your life plan.
- God has a right work pathway of processes for you, if you will let his Spirit guide you.
- God has right relationships available to you, so ask him to open your eyes to see them.
- For more information on Blessing Seminars: Family Foundations International: Transforming Hearts Worldwide www.familyfoundations.com Check Australian Coordinators
- Enjoy written and spoken versions of the Father’s love letter to you. www.fathersloveletter.com
A paraphrased compilation of Bible verses that are presented in the form of a loveletter from your Father God. Available in various multimedia formats and 97 languages… www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKmdIdQg3Ks
Prayers for Israel.
A full understanding of Destiny and Inheritance comes through revelation on God’s relationship with his chosen people.
Our inheritance as Christian gentiles is through the privilege of being grated by Christ into the family of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob but this does not mean we steal their inheritance. Our Father never abandons his children.
I quote here prayers that have been crafted during 90 days of prayer in early 2012 by Hope Australia – with Francis Low & Bob Brown of Canberra and Bob Hartley, Kansas City. You can pray online with Hope Australia 8-9pm Tuesdays and monthly on Fridays via www.hopeaust.org.
Derek Prince said “Over the years, I have come to understand that prayer is most effective in three stages: proclamation, thanksgiving and praise. As I travel around the world and meet so many people from different parts of the body of Christ, I find that in many places God is placing a new emphasis on proclamation. “The word ‘proclaim’ is derived from a Latin verb which means ‘to shout forth’ or ‘to shout aloud.’ It means essentially to declare something with great boldness and strength. I believe that it is a most powerful spiritual weapon or resource which has too long been neglected by Christians.”
- Father God, remove the veil You have sovereignly placed over the eyes of Israel, that they would recognize Jesus as their Messiah. (2 Corinthians 3:14)
- Lord, show Your mercy and favor to Israel in this set time. (Psalm 102:13)
- We pray for the current leaders in Israel, including the prime minister, the mayor of Jerusalem, and all those in military service. Raise up government leaders in Israel (and worldwide) who will not seek to “divide the land,” and who would recognize the unique significance of Jerusalem in God’s end-time purposes.
- He who scattered Israel will gather him, and will keep him as a shepherd keeps his flock. (Jeremiah 31:10) Father, continue to draw the Jewish people to You according to Your sovereign plan.
- Let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Zion. Let them be as grass upon the housetops, which withers before it grows up. (Psalm 129:5-6) Lord, deal justly and swiftly with Your enemies.
- Destroy and divide the tongues of those who would incite violence against Israel. (Psalm 55:9) In the name of Jesus, we bind every false religion and false doctrine that does not acknowledge Your eternal plan for the land and people of Israel.
- The sceptre of the wicked will not remain over the land allotted to the righteous. (Psalm 125:3) Father, break the strongholds of religion, pride and wickedness that seek to control Israel.
- The Lord will not forsake His people for His great name’s sake, because it has pleased the Lord to make Israel His people. (1 Samuel 12:22) Use us to help others understand Your plan for Israel and Your love for the Jewish people.
- The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes their plans of no effect. (Psalm 33:10) We declare that God’s purposes for Israel will be completely fulfilled and that He will be glorified.
- Show Your lovingkindness to Your people Israel and keep them as the apple of Your eye. Hide them under the shadow of Your wings, from the wicked who oppress them, from their deadly enemies who surround them. (Psalm 17:7-9)
- We pray that You would remember your covenants and promises towards Israel, especially when others rise up against her to swallow her alive. When their wrath is kindled against her, the waters will not overwhelm her. God will not give her as prey to their teeth. (Psalm 124
- Sanctify Your great name which has been profaned among the nations, which has been profaned in the midst of Israel. That nations shall know that the Lord is God, when He is sanctified in Israel before their eyes. Sprinkle the clean water of Your Word on Israel and cleanse her from her filthiness and from all her idols, including abortion and the occult. Give Israel a new heart, and put a new spirit within her. Remove her heart of stone and give her a heart of flesh that can respond to the Holy Spirit, and cause her to walk in Your statutes, keep Your commandments and do them. (Ezekiel 36:23-27)
- Cause the church to fulfill its commission to preach the Gospel to the whole world, so the full number of the Gentiles would come into the Kingdom. Then all Israel will be saved. (Romans 11:25-26)
- We pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6) and for it to remain Israel’s undivided capital.
- Father, in Your mercy vanquish the tremendously powerful religious spirits which dominate the whole territory-Jewish, Christian and others.
- We pray for a spirit of unity-for peace between religious and secular Jews, for peace to exist between believers in the land.
- We pray for the body of Messiah in Israel to become a praying, maturing body. We pray that this body would allow the love and compassion of Yeshua to flow through them and touch everyone they encounter.
- Raise up intercessors for Israel. Put more watchmen on the walls of Jerusalem, who would give You no peace day or night until You establish Jerusalem and make her the praise of the earth. (Isaiah 62:6-7).
- Father, bring glory to Your name through the mercy You show to the land. Bring the necessary seasonal rain upon the country. Cause the crops to be bountiful.
- We pray that the three spiritual forces of humanism, Marxist socialist philosophy, and the spiritual inheritance of the Ottoman Empire will be broken and rendered powerless.
- Bless Israel through the many immigrants who are flowing back to the nation. Bring a sovereign, supernatural move of the Holy Spirit among these new immigrants, that they might proclaim Your truth to their fellow Jews.
- We pray for a radical change in the Israeli system of government, that divisiveness and partisanship would give way to unity and cooperation; grant wisdom and revelation to all members of the Knesset and Israel’s Supreme Court.
- We pray that, in the midst of the pressures, the people of Israel will turn to You, God. We pray that You will hear the heart cries of people in this land and have mercy. As it says in Isaiah 30:19, “You shall weep no more. He will be very gracious to you at the sound of your cry. When He hears it, He will answer.”
- Pour out Your Spirit upon the people of Israel-especially upon the young people so that your works can be declared to future generations.
- Raise up “sons of Zion” who take God’s word seriously in opposition to the humanistic “sons of Greece.” (Zechariah 9:13)
- We pray for the Holy Spirit to intervene in the current situation in Israel. “When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.” (Isaiah 59:19)
- Turn the hearts of the people of Israel to trust in the name of the Lord for deliverance-not in the “chariots and horses” of their military might. (Zechariah 4:6)
- God, raise up elders and young leaders to teach and train the new generation of Israelis who are coming to faith in the Messiah.
- We pray that the Palestinian Arabs will come to faith in Christ and embrace God’s end-time purpose for Israel; send forth labourers to bring in the appointed harvest from the whole of the Middle East.
- May Israel’s relationship with the United States be strong, and may our nation-and especially young believers-recognize and support God’s purposes for Israel.
- Lord, we ask that young believers in America would come to love the Jewish people as they seek to prepare the way for the return of Messiah.
Also from Hope Australia:
Key Apostolic Prayers and Prophetic Promises
- Prayer for revelation of Jesus’ beauty that we might walk in our calling and destiny by God’s power.
Eph. 1:17-19 That the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may KNOW (experience) what is the hope of His calling (assurance/clarity of God’s call for our life)what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints (our destiny as Jesus’ inheritance), and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power…
- Pray to receive the Spirit’s power that Jesus’ Presence be manifest in us so we experience God’s love
Eph. 3:16-19 THAT He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, THAT Christ may dwell (manifest His presence) in your hearts through faith; THAT you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend (experience) with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; THAT you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
- Prayer for God’s love to abound in us by the knowledge of God resulting in righteousness in our life
Phil. 1:9-11 That your love may abound still more and more in knowledge (of God) and all discernment, that you may approve (rejoice in) the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere (no compromise) and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness…
- Prayer to know God’s will, to be fruitful in ministry and strengthened by intimacy with God
Col. 1:9-11 That you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may have a walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy…
- Prayer for unity in the church and to be filled with supernatural joy, peace and hope (confidence)
Rom. 15:5-6, 13 May the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another… that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the…Father…May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- To be enriched by all the gifts of the Spirit including powerful preaching and prophetic revelation
1 Cor. 1:5-8 That you were enriched in everything by Him in all utterance (anointed preaching/singing) and all knowledge (prophetic revelation), even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you (by miracles), so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of…Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- For the release of grace to bring the Church to maturity especially to abound in love and holiness
1 Thes. 3:10-13 Praying exceedingly that… (God will release His Spirit and grace to) perfect what is lacking in your faith?… And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all… that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father.
- Pray to be worthy (prepared or made spiritually mature) to walk in the fullness of our destiny in God
2 Thes. 1:11-12 We pray always for you that God would count you worthy of (prepare us for) this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of His goodness (plans for us) and the work of faith with power, that the name of…Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God.