We see Jesus’ kingdom come – overflowing God’s blessing and abundant life in every neighbourhood – through Christians partnering with Jesus and each other in prayer and evangelism.
- 5 Steps: Prayer for Transformation
- Will You Pray for Your Local Area? Who is called to coordinate prayer for your local area?
- Become a Local House of Prayer – with Ffald-y-Brenin
We see our neighbourhoods lit up by Houses of Prayer & Evangelism: HOPE!
Picture lights: as prayer everywhere! Houses of Prayer & Evangelism in homes on street! The fire of the Spirit of God igniting our city! This is a photo from Mt Dandenong over Melbourne that is exactly like a vision I was given in 2006 when I was called to raise prayer across Melbourne. Note the local prayer groups, the hubs and highways of holiness and the glory over the city!
See the prayer groups everywhere on the map as flames at www.prayforthenations.com
Picture PIPES: Local houses of prayer as ‘hoses’ of prayer and evangelism! (LOL!)
We are to be an Ezekial 47 & Revelation 22:1-3) irrigation system! See yourself connected with others – many pipes carrying God’s living water to your sphere of influence! Pipes are unseen servant systems because it is not about them. It’s about the living water!
Our logo is a picture of an Aussie lawn: ordinary, organic grass-root local backyard collaboration through which we each, as ordinary blades of grass, are exquisite conduits for life-giving water to nurture the roots and sustainability of our community.
2. Mission Statements
HOPE: Houses of Prayer Everywhere!
- Encouraging and enabling Christians to pray together for their families, neighbourhoods, regions and nations.
- Empowering, equipping and enabling Christians to enjoy being an effective disciple of Jesus in their neighbourhood, workplace, school or university, introducing people to Jesus and abundant and eternal life in His kingdom here and now.
- Encouraging the body of Christ to collaborate with God and each other in our Father’s blessing and transformation of local neighbourhoods and regions – heaven on earth.
3.1 To overflow we must first fill
Picture us all as PIPES of living water, connected to the source and each other, transparently clean and abundantly generous.
If we connect to God for our inflow and to our neighbours for outflow, we fulfill the most important commands, “You are to love the Lord Yahweh, your God, with every passion of your heart, with all the energy of your being, with every thought that is within you, and with all your strength. This is the great and supreme commandment. And the second is this: ‘You must love your neighbor in the same way you love yourself.’ You will never find a greater commandment than these.” Mark 12:30-31
Picture yourself soaking down to your roots in living water!
To overflow we need to rest in the source – our Father- and let all our blockages be removed by the renewing of our whole self – as the Holy Spirit enables us to more and more manifest the completed work of Jesus in how we love our neighbours and those who are around us. who are facing eternal death.
All we need in order to overflow is abundantly available from our Father as we align with His will and ask in Jesus’ name. The more of us that agree with our Father’s will on earth and the more we agree and align in every part – the more we see Jesus’ rule – His kingdom – fruitfully overflowing love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control in our world.
We have three core values and they are each gifts from heaven: faith, hope and love.
- And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1Corinthians 13:13)
- We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all God’s people— the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel that has come to you. In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world—just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly understood God’s grace. (Colossians 1:3-6)
1. FAITH – in who God is and who are are in Christ and faith in our Lord’s power to redeem and reign on earth as in heaven.
- Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.(Romans 5:1-2)
- Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. (Hebrews 11:1-3)
- For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ, having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
- When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. (Colossians 2:9-15)
2. HOPE – You can have what our world longs for – it’s hope.
- God has chosen to make known… the mystery which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1: 27)
- May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)
- Christ, as the Son, is in charge of God’s entire house. And we are God’s house, if we keep our courage and remain confident in our HOPE in Christ. (Hebrews 3:6)
- I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. (Ephesians 1: 16-23 esp 18-19)
- Love God with our whole heart (Mark 12:30)
- Love our neighbour (Mark 12:31)
- Love the Church as Christ does (Ephesians 5:25) – loving one another as the body of Christ, with forgiveness, respect and cherishing tenderness. (John 13:34-35, 2 Corinthians 13:11-14, John 17:20-26)
Love is expressed as HONOUR – seeing each other as Christ sees them – as precious and glorious; putting the other first; and serving God’s purpose in them.
When we honour our mother and father, Indigenous peoples, spiritual leaders and governmental leaders we align ourselves to receive God’s blessing which flows through them and this enables us to inherit and to live longer lives on the land that God is giving us responsibility and authority for. (Exodus 20:12)
3.2 Let your HOPE overflow the world
Our world needs HOPE everywhere: in arts & entertainment, business, education, families/local communities, government, media, religion… In dryness and darkness many wait for a drop, a spark of HOPE. It may seem that darkness overwhelms but from God’s perspective the darkness of evil is only a dot in infinity!
Who will bring HOPE to your world – locally, nationally, globally? Christ in you.
- To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27)
- Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has arisen upon you. For behold, darkness will cover the earth and deep darkness the peoples; but the Lord will rise upon you and his glory will appear upon you… (Isaiah 60:1-5)
- Jesus said, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. (John 6:12)
- Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. (Psalm 34:5)
- Those who have insight (Christ in us) will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. (Daniel 12:3-)
- The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ. (2Cor 4:4)
- I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. (Acts 26:17-18, Luke 10:2-3)
- Declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (2Peter2:9)
” For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.” (2 Corinthians 4:5-7)
How does this happen? From glory to glory!
- Believe our Lord’s glory is revealed to the world through his likeness in us.
- Behold our Lord, abiding in his presence, to reflect His glory.
- Receive our Lord’s perspective, power and provision and do your part, as the Holy Spirit leads, in what our Father is doing.
1. Do you believe we can reflect the glorious HOPE of God in our world?
- I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in HOPE that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. For in this HOPE we were saved. (Romans 8:18-24)
Picture this: For a number of years I have waited, preparing space for what God would raise in this new season, believing Jesus wants to build us as his House of Prayer. Many times I heard my Lord say, “I am with you to accomplish My purpose” and assumed he meant building prayer network – which was then my understanding of his House of Prayer. When I finally asked, “What is your purpose Lord?” he said, “My glory in you!” (that’s a plural- including you!) His answer shocked me, totally changing my focus and emphasising my complete inability to fulfil any part of this. We give glory to our Father when we accurately reflect his likeness in us as HOPE to the world!
2. Will you abide in your Lord’s presence to receive His Glory and bring Him glory?
- Moses said to the LORD, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, ‘I know you by name and you have found favour with me.’ If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favour with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?” And the LORD said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.” Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.” (Exodus 33:12-18) (John 15:5-7)
How do we reflect God’s glorious HOPE? By beholding Him, we become like Him! Learn how to behold God through Scripture, adorational prayer and worship.
- Be Still and Know that I am GOD
Ask the Spirit of Jesus to speak to your heart through these scriptures.
- Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. (2Corinthians 3:15-18-4:6)
- Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, Let light shine out of darkness, made his light shine in our heartsto give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. (2 Corinthians 4:1-6)
- In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. (Hebrews 1:1-3)
- If Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—.. in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. (Romans 8:10,14-21)
- I will fill this house with glory. (Haggai 2:7)
3. Will you receive your Lord’s perspective of you, of others and of our generation?
- Hope in God in you. When we honour our God with adoration we become secure in God’s presence and His perspective and are enabled by God’s power and provision – his love righteousness and justice for us. Knowing ourselves in relation to who our Father says we are, and enables us to be: humble, free and confident in the abundant life and authority Jesus has given us, reflecting his glory and receiving his kingdom on earth. We build our hope and the reality of what we see – through prayer. Hope, like faith and love, is a gift from heaven we can ask for. (1 Timothy 6:17)
- Hope in God in Others. When we see others through God’s hope enabling perspective, we can hold hope for all. Every single person matters. When we connect to the heart of the Father towards other people, we can make room in our heart for them.
- Hope in God in this Generation. When we become our Father’s humble, hopeful, loving children and know His heart for this generation – the fathers and children – we will turn our hearts to them. (Malachi 4:5,6) Through God’s hope enabling perspective, we can see this generation and their destiny as beautiful, as crucial in fighting for the future, a blessing and reward! Together we hope and pray for the future of our Cities and Nations – loving and serving them well- and the Lord’s blessing will be fully released through us on the earth. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- What You Can Do section of the website where we list ways we can all do our part in overflowing Faith, Hope, Love by releasing God’s blessing for abundant LIFE to our neighbours, regions, nation and planet!
- Establish Simple Local Houses of Prayer & Blessing
- Our Prayer & Evangelism Strategies for our Neighbours and Regions:
How to become HOPE in the world through Christ in us through local and national prayer partnership:
- Private prayer partnerships – 2 or more people,with Jesus Christ in their midst, praying regularly (face to face, online or by text) for a particular people group or region e.g. neighbourhood, network, business or local church. We are the temple when Christ is in our midst – Houses of Prayer Everywhere!
- Open prayer and worship gatherings – Houses of Prayer for Everyone! These are prayer & worship meetings that are collaboratively planned and inclusive – e.g. multiple local congregations connecting in prayer for their shared region, times hosted for soaking worship, school prayer groups, regional collaboratively held houses of prayer meetings e.g. monthly. We hope expectantly that regional prayer centres will offer increasing times for prayer and worship until they are open continuously (24/7).
- Inclusive regional, national or global calls to strategic Spirit led events- God’s House of Prayer for Every Nation!
These include one off or infrequent events including:
- prayer chain rosters linking continuous prayer watches across Australia. http://ausprayernet.org.au/
- overnight prayer vigil
- specific topic focused prayer e.g. for an election
- invitations to city prayer march
- National Days of Prayer & Fasting. e.g. www.nationaldayofprayer.com.au
- 40 days prayer and fasting e.g. www.40daysofprayer.com.au
- season of 24/7 prayer and worship
- conference related to prayer and restorative justice/transformation.
HOPE in your world = Houses of Prayer Everywhere
Become HOPE: Houses of Prayer Everywhere in our world:
- HOPE filled people emitting HOPE as radiant light because Christ is in us and outflowing with HOPE, love, joy and power to turn darkness, and despair into abundant life. HOPE will fill the people as they get to know the truth of who God is, and in knowing Him, trust Him to reveal to them who they truly are (as His loved ones) and His way out of their hopelessness into abundant life.
- HOPE filled places: where people host God’s HOPE filling presence and God’s HOPE filling perspective of people, circumstances, communities and the future. Open places in local communities where anyone can come to rest in God’s presence. Places where the forms of ‘prayer’ are open and accessible for all; where people are free to worship in spirit and truth – letting the Holy Spirit lead them. Places where people meet God through His tangible presence, in adorational face-to-face worship and prayer, through scriptural revelation and proclamation of the awesome and intimate characteristics of our God.
Christ in you is Good News to the World!
I believe that we can only reveal God if we, as his people, open our hearts to his presence, perspective, power and provision. We need a fresh revelation of God and His new covenant gospel. Only then can we arise, as sons of our Father, in His likeness and the intimacy, freedom, power and leading of His Holy Spirit, to shine and live the good news of Jesus’ gospel: Because our Father so loves the whole world, Jesus came so the sins of the whole world could be forgiven and so we can be reconciled to deep relationship with God and each other; and work together to fulfill God’s beautiful plan for our planet.
At the top of this page there are four areas in which this applied:
- Houses of Prayer for All Nations
- Restorative Justice
- Generational Inheritance
- Transforming Australia
Vision Statements for Australian Prayer: