In this issue:
- Jesus says, I send you! Luke 10:1-3
- Be part of something awesome: What we see locally, nationally and globally!
- Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call to 40 Days (6 Aug-14 Sept) and International Day of Prayer, Repentance & Fasting (14 Sept 2013)
- 40 Days of Prayer for Federal Election. (5 Aug-13 Sept)
Jesus says, I SEND YOU.
Jesus has given us his strategies to usher in his kingdom rule and bring joy to us, as his disciples; to him and to the Father. (Luke 10:17,21)
Right now, globally and across Australia God is re-minding us – renewing our minds – and empowering us to fulfil Jesus’ simple commands (Luke 10).
Be blessed to be able to see it. (Luke 10:23-24)
1. PRAY AND GO!
Luke 10:1-3 …The Lord…sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go. Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into His harvest. Go your way; behold, I send you out.”
ASK the Lord of the harvest for harvest workers. Decomai means to beseech, beg earnestly, and entreat with intensity and urgency. Jesus is commanding us to beg Him. Lou Engels says, in this verse the prayer movement and the mission movement kiss each other.
SEND OUT labourers Ekballo implies a command or an appeal that expects an active response – to thrust, cast, drive out. Ekballo is used for driving out demons. The ekballo thrust is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth [the unreached people groups.] (Acts 1:8)
GO YOUR WAY! I send you. You cannot possibly pray this unless you are willing to be the answer to your own prayer: Here am I, Lord, send me. (Isaiah 6:8). In other words, Lord, You have my permission to begin with me in my people group and wherever I go; enabling me to carry the good news of Jesus’ kingdom rule in my own way. (Luke 5:12; 8:38; 9:38). Luke 10:9 says that in the communities where we are received, we are to heal the sick will be healed and declare, ‘The kingdom of God has come…’
We invite you and your prayer groups to pray with a Luke 10:1-3 focus and see what God reveals.
See the accumulating evidence for this focus:
- Listen, Arise and Go Prophetic word by Lois Isaachsen. See http://partnersinprayer.org.au/
- A Vision of Melbourne shown to Rod Schneider. Revival begins when local people meet to pray and reach out to the people in their streets, neighbourhoods and immediate spheres of influence. http://partnersinprayer.org.au/vision-of-melbourne/
- Pray! Ekaballo! Justin Pagotti, Sydney House of Prayer – applying Lou Engels’ Pray! Ekaballo! A Prayer Revolution at the End of the Age. http://partnersinprayer.org.au/
- Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call – A worldwide call from Australia for 40 Days of Prayer, Fasting and Repentance (6 Aug to 14 Sept 2013) culminating in the International Day of Prayer, Fasting and Repentance on Saturday 14 September 2013 (also Yom Kippur/Day of Atonement and Australian Elections.) See below. http://partnersinprayer.org.au/
- Cheryl Lindley – Prophetic Prayer Strategy: Pray the Lord of the Harvest to send out worker into the fields. The Firehouse. 5 June 2013 Queensland and beyond.
- Ps. Daniel Panji at a special Transforming Sydney Consultation Meeting on 6 June 2013 to discuss the vision for a 2016 Global Prayer Summit in Sydney, planned for February 2016.
2. BE PRIESTS: A Role for All
It is a vital time for us all to know we are priests – Jesus’ presence carriers, ministering to him and releasing his blessings. (1 Sam 6; 2 Sam 6) Deut 10:8 At that time the Lord separated the tribe of Levi to bear the ark of the covenant [presence] of the Lord, to stand before the Lord to minister to Him and to bless in His name, to this day..
In Numbers 11 God releases His Spirit on all – even those outside the camp. Moses says, “I wish that all the Lord’s people were prophets and that the Lord would put his Spirit on them!” Joel 2:28 says, “And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh.” 1Peter 2:9 “you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light..”
Are you seeking revelation, anointing and equipping to fulfil Jesus’ calling? God’s grace outpouring from Ffald-y-Brenin in Wales, carries the Holy Spirit thrust momentum and strategies to enable ordinary people to implement Luke 10 – by becoming authentic joy filled disciples; blessing their households, neighbourhoods and spheres of influence through natural encouragement and relational connectedness. Blessing releases God’s glory, intimacy and peace/wholeness. Numbers 6:24-27 Say to them: “The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.”’ “… put My name on the children .. and I will bless them.” We need to receive God’s blessing in order to give it away! Read: The Grace Outpouring: Becoming a People of Blessing, by Roy Godwin & Dave Roberts. (Available from Koorong or Amazon) www.ffald-y-brenin.org Additional Resources & regular Melbourne gatherings: www.partnersinprayer.org.au
3. BE STRONG GATE KEEPERS: See the Glory of God Come In!
Look at Isaiah 60 to see what happens to a nation when the city gates are opened to God’s blessing!
By grace, God is confirming ways we can all be gatekeepers to welcome Jesus’ rule and the presence of the Holy Spirit reigning in us and our regions and nation.
Matthew 28: 18-20 Jesus said, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations/ people groups….”
Luke 10:19 “Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]..” 1Timothy 2:1-2 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
We have a vital role as gatekeepers to give all authority and worship to Jesus alone, so His kingdom rule is established and peace/wholeness reigns.
We are to be strong men at our personal gates: spirit, soul – mind, will emotions and body; in our families, households, neighbourhoods and spheres of influence.
Luke 11:20-28 ..if I drive out the demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has [already] come upon you. When the strong man, fully armed, [from his courtyard] guards his own dwelling, his belongings are undisturbed [his property is at peace and is secure]. Blessed (happy and to be envied) rather are those who hear the Word of God and obey and practice it!
Psalm 24 describes the qualifications of the gatekeepers as the blessed and righteous ones, who have received salvation through Jesus and worship him only. They have the privilege of intimate relationship and the authority to open the gates to the King of glory!
Psalm 24:3-7 “Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive blessing from the Lord, And righteousness from the God of his salvation. This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, Who seek Your face. Selah. Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, The Lord mighty in battle.”
Principalities and powers gain authority over a region when believers do not take up their God given roles, authority alignment and spheres of influence. Where there was no gatekeeper in a community Jesus said it could not be ‘lifted up to the skies’ (function in the kingdom/heavenly realm) and it would unbearable for them at the judgement. (Luke 10:10-16) But when ordinary men of peace took their responsibility as gatekeepers to welcome Jesus’ kingdom into their communities, people were set free from demonic captivity. Jesus also said the authority of a territorial principality was brought down so the spiritual realm over the region opened to the kingdom! (Luke 10:17-20) In Christ’s leading and authority we will see Jesus’ kingdom on earth; people in our spheres gaining freedom the eradication of the pollution of evil influence in our region’s spiritual airways and principalities over our territories brought down! Will you be a man of peace and partner with Jesus and others to be gate keepers in your sphere of influence?
We envisage a season ahead when many watchmen/gate keepers will be active at their post and know who they are ‘next to’ and aligned with others to fulfil 24/7 gatekeeping at multiple gates. Nehemiah depicts elements involved in rebuilding the boundaries of our regions so the peace, wholeness righteousness of Jesus’ kingdom reigns in manifest ways. http://partnersinprayer.org.au/nehemiahs-successful-strategy/
BE PART OF SOMETHING AWESOME!
In Victoria we see:
- Over 260 pastors and leaders have joined Empowered Pastors to meet monthly and share the miracles God is doing across Victoria.
- Empowered Evangelists are meeting fortnightly to share about their outreaches in different localities and outreaches they are called to do together. How mighty if the intercessors in their regions pair with them!
- Round Table on Prayer for Melbourne. Prayer Network Leaders have met monthly since April 2013 and seen God move powerfully in the Spirit realm. We seek relational formation as gate keeping warrior watchmen:
- to bring healing and reconciliation, relationship, understanding and trust, honour and respect amongst prayer leaders in Melbourne…
- to grow toward becoming one in heart and spirit with God and each other…
- to cherish each tribe and region, appreciating each others’ unique and complimentary functions in the body of Christ. Contact email@example.com
- Becoming People of Blessing is an open invitation for all people to gather monthly to share how they are implementing Luke 10 – by becoming local houses of prayer blessing their households, neighbourhoods and spheres of influence. Melbourne Gathering: Becoming People of Blessing 7.30-9.30pm Wednesday 19 June 2013 at Hillview Community Church, 7 Seismic Ct Rowville Victoria. This second session is open to all who are pressing in to become people who long to receive and overflow God’s blessings, presence and power to restore people, atmospheres and environments. Come prepared to share your heart. Come to be blessed. We invite you to share journeys and stories as authentic people seeking, and sometimes struggling, to bless our families and those we meet; to pray and release blessing in our neighbourhoods and workplaces. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org or by text 0418 389419.
Nationally and Globally we see:
- Australia has an unprecedented number of current calls to national prayer and fasting – including: National Day of Prayer & Fasting ( 2 March 2014) 40 Days of Prayer & Fasting (5 March-13 April 2014) and as below:
- Amazingly, three times so far this year prayer networks across the globe have stood with Australia’s call to united prayer & fasting – Feb 2013; 30 April-2 May 2013. Now we see Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call: A worldwide call from Australia for 40 Days of Prayer, Fasting and Repentance (6 Aug to 14 Sept) culminating in the International Day of Prayer, Fasting and Repentance (Saturday 14 September 2013) (also Yom Kippur and Australian Elections)
- Pray for a worldwide outpouring of the Holy Spirit for revival and transformation of the nations of the world.
- Pray for a billion people to find Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour.
- Pray for an end to abortion and for God to turn back the tide of death and immorality that is sweeping the nations of the world.
- Pray for a multiplication of prayer, praise and worship to God across the world as never before, to bring great glory to God.
On 1st June 2013 7-8.40am Australian Time 17 National and International Prayer Leaders representing 6 Nations met on a historic Tele Conference called by the team behind Australia’s National Day of Prayer and Fasting. www.nationaldayofprayer.com.au Many of the Prayer Leaders on the Tele Conference Call had direct links with hundreds of nations around the world. Dozens of Prayer leaders from many different nations, who could not make the call, sent both there apologies and their support for the proposed prayer call. There was many international and national events that seemed to coincide and support this historic prayer call. The Tele Conference confirmed the Billion Souls Revival Prayer Call unanimously through both dialogue and heartfelt prayer. You can hear the Tele Conference Call: http://InstantTeleseminar.com/?eventid=42142116
Email: Warwick Marsh email@example.com Mobile: 61 418 225 212 www.nationaldayofprayer.com.au
This call supports the Australian Prayer Network Call for 40 Days of Prayer for the Australian Federal Election.
All Australians are asked to consider the kind of Government they want for our nation. As Christians we have the right and responsibility to personally and corporately seek the Lord as to which party and candidates will best form a Government of righteousness and justice with a heart open to fulfil the will and purposes of God for our nation, and to vote accordingly. We also have a corporate responsibility to undergird the decision process in prayer.
We therefore invite all Christians across Australia to a season of 40 days of daily prayer and voluntary fasting for our nation and for the election process, as the Lord leads. We also invite other prayer networks across the nation to freely use our material within their own networks. We only ask that if any material is reproduced that the source of that material be acknowledged as the Australian Prayer Network. See: http://www.ausprayernet.org.au
Links to the weekly Prayer Points for Australia’s Federal Elections to be held 14 September 2013
- Prayer Points for Week 1 – 5 August to 11 August 2013
- Prayer Points for Week 2 – 12 August to 18 August 2013
- Prayer Points for Week 3 – 19 August to 25 August 2013
- Prayer Points for Week 4 – 26 August to 1 September 2013
- Prayer Points for Week 5 – 2 September to 8 September 2013
- Prayer Points for Week 6 – 9 September to 13 September 2013
See more prayer gatherings, call and events at http://partnersinprayer.org.au/whats-on/
Be very blessed as you find your unique way to fulfil the joy of Jesus’ call on your life and in your spheres of influence.