Join the global outpouring of God’s grace by blessing others in your local sphere of influence.
Your home, workplace, school, uni, church can become a Local House of Prayer!
“The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ.” 2 Corinthians 4:4
Jesus said, “I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God.” Acts 26:17-18
Jesus said, “Go! I am sending you…. Blessed are the eyes that see what you see.” Luke 10:3,23 You can bring HOPE and PEACE to your world, joy to Jesus; and praise to Father! Luke 10:17-24
Pray, “That the glory of the Lord be revealed to my nation and that all the inhabitants will see it.” Isaiah 40:5
How can you become a simple, local house of prayer?
Fill with God’s blessings. Romans 15:13
1. Spend regular time in prayerful worship, blessing God; loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, strength Luke 10:27; carrying His manifest presence, ministering before Him and pronouncing blessings in His name. Deuteronomy 10:8, Numbers 6:24
Be filled with Father’s love for you and His love for your ‘neighbours’, so you can love and bless them. Luke 10:27, 36-37
Talk to God about your neighbours before you talk to them about God!
Ask the Holy Spirit to show you 5 neighbours/colleagues to particularly pray for, bless and witness to.
Pray daily for each of them, blessing them- for 5 minutes or so in total. Review your list after 5 weeks or so and adjust it.
Align yourself with your Father’s will, His heart for them, His authority, words, timing, opportunities etc.
2. Ask God for prayer partners to pray with you for your neighbourhood, school, workplace etc. Luke 10:2, Matthew 18:19-20
Go regularly 2×2 to prayer-walk your neighbourhood – praying, blessing, observing, greeting and doing as God leads you.
“Put on the full armour of God – your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace” Ephesians 6:10-20
3. Create opportunities to gather locally with other Christians to pray and proclaim blessings over your region. Jeremiah 29:7
Bless in Jesus’ name, marriages, families, godly friendships, safety, health, environment, economy, employment, churches, schools, community services etc. Bless their hearts to be softened to God, quickened to his voice; and open to the gospel!
Overflow God’s blessings – His Kingdom come. Matthew 6:10
- Visit your neighbours and speak God’s blessings – natural, warm, hope filled encouraging words. Discern those who are open to receive you – the ‘houses of peace.’ “First say, ‘peace be to this house. If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; if not it will return to you.’” Luke 10:5-6
Build ongoing relationship over food and drink. Luke 10:8, Luke 7:34
- Be God’s blessing to your neighbours! Meet their felt needs in practical and supernatural ways. Offer to pray for their expressed needs, e.g. healing, provision, peace, joy, reconciliation, identity. Luke 10:9, Mark 16:15-18, Romans 14:17
- Share the Gospel as Holy Spirit leads so people personally experience God’s love and power. Acts 8:5,6 “Say to them, The kingdom of God has come near you.” Luke 10:9 When they receive Jesus, disciple them. Matthew 28:18-20
- Collaborate as the body of Christ in your region to support Jesus’ kingdom values, principles and justice. John 13:34-35, Acts 1:8, John 15,
“The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.” He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority…” Luke 10:1,17-20 “… be wise about what is good and innocent about what is evil. And the God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.” Romans 16:19-20 See: Five Steps for Transformation
Ffald-y-Brenin Resources: www.ffald-y-brenin.org
Many have been blessed by “Grace Outpouring: Blessing Others Through Prayer: The Amazing Story of God’s Work at Ffald-y-Brenin” by Roy Godwin & Dave Roberts. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVnXf7LKnAM
Ffald-y-Brenin resources available in Australia through PIPES: http://partnersinprayer.org.au/ffald-y-brenin-resources-available-in-australia/
Additional Articles on Local Houses of Prayer:
Houses of Prayer for All Nations.
Awakening: Think Global. Acts Local. http://partnersinprayer.org.au/local-city-prayer-leaders/
Online Map of Local Houses of Prayer
Register your LHOPs and prayer groups, and find groups near you – using PIPES Google Map & 24/7 Ongoing Prayer Relay Calendar: www.prayforthenations.com
Sue Tinworth email@example.com 0418 389 419 www.partnersinprayer.org.au