By James W. Goll
Revelation 1:6 He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father – to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Needed: Ministry at the Altar of Incense
A. The Order of Progression
- Zechariah was chosen to minister to the Lord.
- The people all responded as they were in prayer at the “hour of incense offering”
- Zechariah is now ministering at the altar of incense (prayer)
- What went up (incense-prayer) was cast back down to earth in the form of a visitation. (Remember, that which goes up must come down!)
- Angelic activity is released from heaven into the earth realm.
- A proclamation of healing (the ability to conceive a child) is released by the angel to Zechariah.
- Zechariah goes home and Elizabeth is healed and bears a son, a prophet named John the Baptist.
Three Keys for Change are Needed
A. Prayer and Praise Opens the Way!
1. Testimony of the Hebrides Island Revival in 1952.
Two desperate women – Peggy & Christina Smith – 84 & 82 years old – were desperate for a revival on their island off the coast of Scotland. They began praying from Isaiah 44:3,“For I will pour out water on the thirsty land and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out My Spirit on your offspring, and My blessing on your descendants.” They reminded God of His word. Then they began to claim Isaiah 64:1 – O that Thou wouldst rend the heavens and come down, that the mountains might quake at Thy presence. . .”
The oldest sister was blind, but she received a vision and proclaimed, “He’s coming! He’s coming! He’s already here!” She told her sister to tell their pastor to get an evangelist and Duncan Smith came on the scene.
Simultaneously, the Spirit of God fell in a barn where seven young men were praying from Isaiah 62:6, 7 where it tells us, “On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have appointed watchmen; All day and all night they will never keep silent. You who remind the Lord, take no rest for yourselves; And give Him no rest until He establishes and makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.”
Sure enough, God’s manifested presence came. This small beginning grew into the great Hebrides Island Revival under the preaching anointing of Duncan Campbell. A 5-mile wide spiritual radiation zone was created where many souls were sovereignly saved! Do it again God!
2. Testimony of Evan Roberts and the Welsh Revival of 1904.
At the age of 13, young Evan began to seek the Lord for God’s presence to be poured out upon his hometown. He entered into persistent worship and prayer for 13 years. At the age of 26, revival came to his hometown. In these meetings, he taught the people to pray two simple prayers. “Send the Spirit now for Jesus Christ’s sake.” The second prayer was similar. “Send the Spirit now, more powerfully, for Jesus Christ’s sake.”
Indeed, God’s Spirit came down in Wales as 100,000 souls were swept up into God’s Kingdom as the singing, praying and worshipping revival came forth under the leadership of young Evan Roberts.
Today, a cry is arising, “More Lord!” Yes, there must be a youth revolution to come as it was with Evan Roberts. We must have a “transgenerational anointing” as it was with Peggy & Christina Smith. It is time for prayer, praise, worship and intercession to arise and create an opening for His manifested presence.
B. The Key of Prophetic Revelation
The prophetic becomes a powerful tool to open closed minds, closed doors and closed situations. Seek God, get His word, put the revelatory key in the door, and turn it! Turn revelation into prophetic intercession and worship and watch God’s presence come rushing in. These are keys that open big doors!
Read the following scriptures:
- Deut. 8:3 – Man lives by every part of God’s Word
- Matt. 4:4 – It is an ever proceeding (ongoing active tense) Word
- Eph. 6:17 – The sword of the Spirit, is the revelatory spoken Word of God
- Luke 11:52 – We must use the key and not hinder others
C. The Breaker Anointing Key
These “apostolic breakers” are anointed men and women in Christ who have keys of delegated authority to open and close spiritual doors or gates of cities and regions. They can be used to call forth His presence to come tumbling forth into a geographic sphere.
1. Luke 11: 52 – “Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering.” (NIV)
You must use the key and enter into His presence. Too often invested authorities can hold on to tightly to the key delegated to them and thus empower a “control spirit” that in turn can be a hindrance to the manifested glory realm of God.
2. Micah 2:13 – “One who breaks open the way will go up before them; they will break through the gate and go out. Their king will pass through before them, the Lord at their head.”
- There is no breakthrough without a breaker. There is no breaker without first being broken. (Jesus, of course, is our ultimate broken breaker.)
- We are to follow in the path of a lifestyle of pure sacrificial worship, as did our prophetic pioneer – Jesus.
- Breakers pass through the gates and break open the way in behalf of others. It must be with the motivation for others. Loving your city or your assignment becomes a necessity.
- God is looking for pioneer point people to help break open the way by being like Holy Spirit bulldozers pushing the debris out of the way.
- Breakers are like women in travail at birth – an opening is created or broadened so the birth conceived in intimacy may occur.
- Breakers are anointed to open the way by breaking open the gates of the enemy and taking possession of that which Satan has stolen. They create more room and make more space in the Spirit for His Kingdom to be manifest.
- The revelatory key you receive must be accompanied with brokenness. When brokenness and revelation are uniquely brought together it can release authority for a breakthrough to occur. Where these worshipping intercessors and interceding worshippers come together, there can be a shift in the spiritual atmosphere and thus create a spiritual cultural change.
3. Isaiah 62:10-12 – “Pass through, pass through the gates! Prepare the way for the people. Build up, build up the highway! Remove the stones. Raise a banner for the nations. The Lord has made proclamation to the ends of the earth: “Say to the Daughter of Zion, `See, your Savior comes! See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him.'” They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the Lord; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted.” (NIV)
This is the ultimate goal of pure worship. It proceeds to the Father through Christ Jesus but is used as a weapon of spiritual warfare to build a highway that the Lord Himself may come and walk upon it, reveal Himself and redeem a people. God’s supreme purpose is for both Israel and the nations are invaded by His glorious presence in parallel restoration.
How Do We Enter These Gates?
As New Testament Priests, we each get to minister directly to the Lord at any time in any place. We enter through His gate through the following means:
- Praise Isa. 60:18b – But you will call your walls salvation, and your gates praise.
- Worship Heb. 12:28 – Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe.
- Sacrifice Ps. 51:17 – For the sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
- Thanksgiving Ps. 100:4 – Enter His gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise, give thanks to Him; bless his name.
- Unity Ps. 133:1 – Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity! Let the unity of the brotherhood come forth for such a time as this.
IT’S ALL ABOUT JESUS!
Hebrews 13:8 states – Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. The bottom line is that healing comes as a result of the completed work of the cross of Jesus Christ! What He did yesterday, He will do today and in the future. Why? God has not changed!
Let us believe and see in our day the following verse activated. Acts 10:38 – “You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil; for God was with Him.”
So let us continue in actions of praise, prayer, worship and intercession together and see the fullness of the ministry of Jesus be restored in our day in our cities, states or provinces and nations! For such a time for us to the New Testament priests to the Lord and minister at His altar! Every believer is a Minister!
Let pure worship arise!Source: James W. Goll