- Jesus taught us to partner with God through prayer. The Holy Spirit enables us to abide in intimate relationship with God as our Father (Romans 8:1, 14-28, John 15:4-5); loving Him with our whole heart (Mark 12:30-31); learning to hear what our Father is saying (John 12:49-50) and do what our Father is doing. (John 5:19)
- Jesus prayed we would partner with God and each other (John 17:20-23) Our agreement in prayer with God’s will is powerful. It releases God’s will and glory on earth, His kingdom come. When 2 or 3 gather in His name, Jesus said He is in our midst. (Luke 2:14, Matthew 6:9-10, 18:18-20) Jesus said His house is a house of prayer for all people groups. (Mark 11:17) We have a vision of ordinary people partnering as local houses of prayer everywhere – in neighbourhoods, workplaces, streets, regions etc. Christ’s presence in us turns us is light in darkness. (Matthew 5:14-16, Acts 13:47) Our agreement and unity with God and each other is powerful – like the knots that turn string into fishing net. But partnering in prayer is not enough…
- Jesus commissions us to partner with Him in evangelism. (Matthew 28:18-20) He asks us to prayer with Him and then says, “Go, I send you!” (Luke 10:1-2) We are to love our neighbours as ourselves and sharing with them our good news stories about what Jesus is doing in us. Jesus asks us to stay connected to Him (John 15:4-5) as our source of life (John 10:10) so we can continuously fill and overflow His blessings to those we meet. (Romans 15:13) Jesus aligns as partners with God and each other – as PIPES, humble carriers of living water – so His kingdom, abundant life, transforms our neighbourhoods, regions and nations.
Join us in:
- Enabling Christians to connect and collaborate in prayer and evangelism. http://partnersinprayer.org.au/vision/ www.prayformelbourne.com.au
- Partnering with churches, ministries and initiatives to strengthen prayer and evangelism and regional collaborations across the Body of Christ – celebratory and extended seasons of prayer – even continuous united night and day prayer. 40daysofprayer.com.auwww.nationaldayofprayer.com.au
- Involving people in prayer communities to overflow blessing – wellbeing, wholeness, meaning and connection in life – to their neighbours, regions and nations. We see Houses of Prayer Everywhere! Local houses of prayer – in homes, streets, churches, schools, workplaces.
- Supporting Indigenous people groups and leaders to advance the wellbeing, identity and connection of first peoples – recognising their contribution is essential to the mainstream culture.
- Producing, marketing and distributing – via television, radio, print and digital media – Christian prayer & evangelism resources, including stories of how Jesus has positively transformed people’s lives. www.40stories.com.au
- Releasing creative, spiritual expressions through writing, speaking, photography, film, music, dance, art and design.www.40stories.com.au
“With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.” Isaiah 12:3
“Jesus… said in a loud voice, ‘Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.’” John 7:37-38
“The water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” John 4:14
“You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.” Isaiah 58:11
“I saw water coming out from under the threshold of the temple .. of the altar —a river that no one could cross. Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows. Fishermen will stand along the shore… spreading nets. Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.” Ezekial 47:1-12
“All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.” 2 Corinthians 4:15