These declarations have been summarised from the co-discernment and prayer of a large cohesive group of Australians who united from mid June 2020 to pray for Victoria.
We asked God to expose and heal the evil roots in Victoria. (Daniel 2: 20-23) And to give us His strategy for the battle.
We share these declarations as our identificational repentance, so you can pray and arise in agreement, to implement God’s will be done, His Kingdom come in our State and Nation. (Matthew 18:19-20, 6:10)
1.We DECLARE You, Jesus, Lord of Victoria! We gratefully cast down our crowns to crown You with the GLORY You are so worthy of! (Revelation 4:10)
We MARVEL, Jesus, at what You are doing in Melbourne and Victoria.
We look to You and surrender to You, putting our trust in You, as our Sovereign Lord.
2. We humbly REPENT, Lord, as Victorians who are called by Your name, and we pray and seek Your face and turn from our wicked ways, that You would hear from heaven and will forgive our sins and heal our land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
3. We humbly REPENT to God for sin that fractured the foundations that Melbourne and Victoria were built on. Dishonour, killing, stealing and destruction has perpetuated broken relationship between the three foundational people groups: the First Peoples; First Settlers; and First Chinese Immigrants and in grief, we confess our sin to each other.
We DECLARE our submission to Your process of reconciliation, Jesus, to break off the consequences of our sin from our families, state and nation.
4. We humbly REPENT for Victoria’s sins against the States, Territories and Federal Government of the Commonwealth of Australia. We confess that our rebellious pride has infected Victorians and other Australian peoples with the effects of our Marxist agenda and the spread of Coronavirus. (Isaiah 59: esp 19-21, Jeremiah 4)
5. We BLESS our fellow citizens in the Commonwealth of Australia, our regional neighbours in the South Pacific, Israel and all nations, in Jesus’ name, with God’s favour and protection.
6. We DECLARE that we accept Your offer to free Victoria from ungodly covenants and establish this State on the blood covenant and cornerstone of Christ – and to rebuild Victoria on a sure foundation, in alignment with Your righteousness and justice. (Isaiah 28:14-18a) We DECLARE a shift in the will of Victorians, to turn to worship God, to choose to align with God’s righteous and just governance, and to actively honour and love others. “Hear us, Victoria and inhabitants of Melbourne! Believe in the Lord your God, and you will be established; believe his prophets, and you will succeed.” (2 Chronicles 20:20)
As the One Church Standing for Victoria:
7. We DECLARE we are one in Christ, many parts in one accord under Your Headship, Jesus. You have united us in Your One Spirit to bless Victoria.
8. We DECLARE our commitment to be part of a regional canopy of continuous worship and prayer in the Spirit, releasing the heavenly sound of many voices in harmonious unity.
9. We DECLARE Jesus’ name above our cities and regions; above our state and above this virus!!! We REBUKE this Coronavirus and its negative effects – in the authority of Jesus’ name.
10. We DECLARE Your healing, Jesus, over our state of Victoria and for every Victorian – releasing healthy living and a full life for every soul from conception and protection for our cherished elders.
11. We REPENT as Your church, for not representing You well, Jesus. We DECLARE each of our neighbours will know our Father’s love, righteousness and justice. (Hebrews 8:11)
As the Local Church across Victoria:
12. We DECLARE we are the church in our neighbourhoods. We will exercise our authority in Christ as His local Ekklesia, by gathering* in twos and threes to pray in Jesus’ name, and going out to proclaim Your Kingdom in our neighbourhoods. (* legally online or as family groups or as exercise buddies)
13. We DECLARE we’re an army rising to prayer walk our local streets. We will release the sound of worship through song, declaration and testimony in our neighbourhood and sphere of influence!!! (2 Chronicles 20:20-22)
We DECLARE: Your love, Lord, will be our megaphone to carry the truth of Who You are and the powerful peace of Your presence to our neighbours.
We DECLARE a shift in the spiritual atmosphere of our regions as we do what You ask of us, Jesus. (Luke 10:1-9, 17-23)
14. We DECLARE Your harvest purpose fulfilled as we pray for the harvest workers and each soul You put on our hearts – that not one should perish. (Luke 10:1-2, Matthew 18:14) We arise as an emerging army of runners who carry the gospel. We DECLARE, Lord, You prepare the Way for each runner, filling in potholes, closing diversionary paths, so they are shielded and led to divinely appointed connections, conversations, salvations and healings. (Hebrews 12:12-13)
We DECLARE the blessing of our Father’s favour, provision and protection on all who make disciples of every people groups. (Matthew 28:18-20)
15. We DECLARE Your GLORY – the Light of Christ – arisen in the darkness! (“The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ.” 2 Corinthians 4:4 “I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God.” Acts 26:17-18 “Go! I am sending you…. Blessed are the eyes that see what you see.” Luke 10:3, 23)
We DECLARE Your GLORY, is filling our regions with sensitivity to the Gospel and the kingdom: Your compelling Presence, Your restoring Healing, Your Righteousness, Your Justice. Let Your glory fall when we step out of our houses, so people step closer to You.
We DECLARE Your blessing, Lord, on Major Brendan & Sandra Nottle and their teams in the Light in Darkness initiative. (Isaiah 42:1-17)
16. We DECLARE that the strategies You have specified will contagiously spread around the nation and beyond- bringing light in darkness everywhere through:
- reconciliation between people and between people groups (2 Corinthians 5:18)
- continuous spoken prayer in the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17-18)
- worship walking in our neighbourhoods (2 Chronicles 20:20-22)
- prayer for the harvest workers (Luke 10:1-3)
16. We DECLARE Father’s blessing, strategy and provision released regional Houses of Prayer for All Nations in Bendigo and across the South Pacific Region. We DECLARE Your Sovereignty established and Your Kingdom purpose fulfilled through 24/7 prayer and worship across Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific nations.
As Loving Neighbours:
17. We DECLARE, Father, You are the Father of the orphan and the outcast. We DECLARE the RELEASE God’s truth, life, peace, protection and healing to people suffering with injustice, financial and relational stress, addiction and mental health issues. We DECLARE Your STRATEGIES discerned and fulfilled so we can reach, provide, protect, nurture, love, restore and release each one, as You lead and enable us, Lord.
18. We DECLARE that You, Lord, determined the periods of time and land boundaries allocated to each people group so they would be secure, and seek You, feel their way toward You, trust You and find You. (Acts 17:26-27)
We REPENT as First Peoples, First Settlers, and as Chinese and other Immigrant and Refugee people groups, that we have pursued our own rights and self interests instead of honouring Your purpose for us being here.
19. We REPENT that we, as First Peoples, First Settlers, Chinese and other Immigrant and Refugee people groups, have given authority over this land to the enemy – to accuse, kill, steal and destroy each other’s people group.
We REPENT with grief that you, and your people group, have been treated as if you were not wanted and did not belong.
20. WE DECLARE what we have heard from Your heart, Lord, that You are inviting us to listen to each other’s truthful perspectives, and empathise with each other’s journey, loss and pain and appreciate the gift and contribution each people group brings. We hear You, Father God saying to us all, “You do belong and you are wanted.” Lord, we trust You for our inheritance for our children and their descendants.