Join the global outpouring of God’s grace by blessing others in your local sphere of influence. Your home, workplace, school, uni, church… can become a local house of prayer!
“The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ.” 2 Corinthians 4:4
Jesus said, “I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God.” Acts 26:17-18
Jesus said, “Go! I am sending you…. Blessed are the eyes that see what you see.”
You can bring HOPE and PEACE to your world, joy to Jesus; and praise to Father! Luke 10:3, 17-24 Pray, “That the glory of the Lord be revealed to my nation and that all the inhabitants will see it.” Isaiah 40:5
How can you become a simple, local house of prayer?
Fill with God’s blessings. Romans 15:13
- Spend regular time in prayerful worship, blessing God; loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, strength Luke 10:27; carrying His manifest presence, ministering before Him and pronouncing blessings in His name. Deut 10:8, Num 6:24 Be filled with Father’s love for you and His love for your ‘neighbours’, so you can love and bless them. Lk 10:27, 36-37 Talk to God about your neighbours before you talk to them about God! Ask the Holy Spirit to show you 5 neighbours/colleagues to particularly pray for, bless and witness to. Pray daily for each of them, blessing them- for 5 minutes or so in total. Review your list after 5 weeks or so and adjust it. Align yourself with your Father’s will, His heart for them, His authority, words, timing, opportunities etc.
- Ask God for prayer partners to pray with you for your neighbourhood, school, workplace etc. Luke 10:2, Matt 18:19-20
Go regularly 2×2 to prayer-walk your neighbourhood – praying, blessing, observing, greeting and doing as God leads you.
“Put on the full armour of God – your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace” Eph 6:10-20
- Create opportunities to gather locally with other Christians to pray and proclaim blessings over your region. Jer 29:7
Bless in Jesus’ name, marriages, families, godly friendships, safety, health, environment, economy, employment, churches, schools, community services etc. Bless their hearts to be softened to God, quickened to his voice; and open to the gospel!
Overflow God’s blessings – His Kingdom come. Matthew 6:10
- Visit your neighbours and speak God’s blessings – natural, warm, hope filled encouraging words. Discern those who are open to receive you – the ‘houses of peace.’ “First say, ‘peace be to this house. If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; if not it will return to you.’” Luke 10:5-6 Build ongoing relationship over food and drink. Luke 10:8, Luke 7:34
- Be God’s blessing to your neighbours! Meet their felt needs in practical and supernatural ways. Offer to pray for their expressed needs, e.g. healing, provision, peace, joy, reconciliation, identity. Luke 10:9, Mark 16:15-18, Rom 14:17 Share the Gospel as Holy Spirit leads so people personally experience God’s love and power. Acts 8:5,6 “Say to them, The kingdom of God has come near you.” Luke 10:9 When they receive Jesus, disciple them. Matt 28:18-20
- Collaborate as the body of Christ in your region to support Jesus’ kingdom values, principles and justice. Acts 1:8 “The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.” He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority…” Luke 10:1,17-20 “… be wise about what is good and innocent about what is evil. And the God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.” Romans 16:19-20See what the Father is Doing:
1. Vision for Melbourne and other areas: http://partnersinprayer.org.au/the-vital-role-of-local-prayer-groups-in-revival/2. Dutch Sheets advocates a successful state model of collaborative 24/7 prayer that has had tremendous fruit in two regions of USA. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR6O5xiO7qM
3. Jason Hubbard pioneered this workable city wide prayer house model pioneered in Bellingham Washington State, USA. It’s a local church friendly prayer house model that is fostering amazing devotional and practical unity and seeing amazing results in evangelism and community reaching.
See: Jason Hubbard Testimony- Waves of Glory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRBq_9KO8Ts
See: Article about the Above Story http://www.prayerconnect.net/news/prayer-connect-news/rolling-thunder
Resources & equippng to support you becomea Local House of Prayer:
Many have been blessed by “Grace Outpouring: Blessing Others Through Prayer: The Amazing Story of God’s Work at Ffald-y-Brenin” by Roy Godwin & Dave Roberts. Available from Koorong and online.
Introduction to Ffald-y-Brenin Local Houses of Prayer:
Introduction to Ffald-y-Brenin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVnXf7LKnAM
Ffald-y-Brenin Resources: www.ffald-y-brenin.org
Ffald-y-Brenin Resources Available in Australia via PIPES: http://partnersinprayer.org.au/ffald-y-brenin-resources-available-in-australia/
Additional Resources for Local HoPs: http://partnersinprayer.org.au/vision/houses-of-prayer-for-all-nations/